1990 alltrac restoration/rebuild

fallsdownhills

Hey guys, new to the all-trac world, never even heard of the car until a month ago when I decided to get one as a project car. Bought it non-running with a laundry list of missing parts, so we'll see how it goes. I'll keep this updated as we go.

Outside:
2yuUjoQ.jpg

The start:
Bw0XlKY.jpg

Vaccumed:
HcmhsuG.jpg

Back seats out:
9DY7Urm.jpg

Carpet out:
ZQnfqUnl.jpg

pic from the front
EnbcZq3l.jpg

I hate whoever spray painted these blue
83RSFtVl.jpg

More of the dash taken apart- hunting for mold and surface rust.
Ecu wiring disconnected, engine should be out soon
dstRN3ll.jpg

evil corrosion
sNhjid7l.jpg

Engine in the process of being removed: currently stuck because we can't get the wheels off - can't find anywhere that has the right size of 7-spline lug socket, probably going to end up having to do the hammer a socket on method soon.
1P6h7wll.jpg

88gt4DE

Good base line to start with man. Good luck with the project. I had to make a lug remove once to remove a set of those star type lugs ... one at a time. Time consuming and a pain in the ass ...

fallsdownhills

Got the front wheels off, only ruined two sockets doing it, hammering on sockets is certainly effective, if not a pain in the ass. General plan for the car is to tear it down as far as we can, clean it as much as we can and put it back together. Pretty much want it to look original and new. Hoping to get the engine out and taken apart this weekend, bought it non-running, but hoping nothing is too broken- was told it was a bad timing job.

fallsdownhills

LZbwAUfl.jpg

It's been an absolute nightmare so far, but things are finally looking up. I need to get all the pictures I have sorted to post, but as a quick update...

The engine that came with the car ended up being completely bricked, the previous owners managed to throw a rod, blow the head gasket and blow the turbo, doing enough damage to the block making us have to pick up a short-block to put in. But that's together now so it's just a matter of reassembling and reinserting the new engine and we should be good to go. We're hoping to have it back on the road in a few weeks, finding parts/getting everything cleaned and machined took forever, but hopefully it'll go smoother from now on.

Hotrodhendrix

I have yet to do one thing on mine that turned out to be easier than I expected. Keep up the good work. She seems like a very nice solid base to build on.

fallsdownhills

It's finished! The engine part anyway. Still have some work to go in the interior and on the body.
bBxlE08.jpg

Toyota really didn't mess around with jamming that engine in there
bFlmHrm.jpg

I haven't done any break-in stuff yet, hoping to have time to run through one of the procedures on here thanksgiving weekend so i can start driving it around.

Thanks to everyone on here that helped me find parts/Luke from xiimotorsports who hooked me up with the resistor packs. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to a meet at some point here.