Rear Diff mount=alloy or polyurethane???

belanger33

Hi,

My rear end is clunking when letting of the accelrator or even sometimes when shifting so I know i need a new rear diff cushion...

I would like to have the pros and cons(if possible and if they are any) of choosing between an alloy rear diff mount or buying a polyurethane one.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

polm

Hey Matt,
I suggest you talk to Luke (aka klue), he sells a solid diff mount and there is a group buy on his kit right now. He's a really nice guy, his price is also very competitive. Also, check out this thread: viewtopic.php?t=34140
Cheers!
Pierre

toayoztan

I prefer solid, but as stated, I also stiffened up the rest of the car.

If you're looking to just daily drive and want a "better oem-like" replacement, go with the poly fill, as you can do it yourself.

Bryan

celigts

toayoztan":3hnhhlun said:

If you're looking to just daily drive and want a "better oem-like" replacement, go with the poly fill, as you can do it yourself.

Bryan

Gt4racing also has already made poly filled rear diff cushions.

belanger33

celigts":313vgcu3 said:
toayoztan":313vgcu3 said:

Bryan

^^^GT4 racing dont do it no more unless you ship your're rear diff mount and then they do it and send it back to you...this would mean i would lose my car for like 2 weeks and it wouldn't be a good option ahaha...On the other hand, which store up in Canada sells polyurethane that i could fill the diff cushion with...?

I'm not willing to stiffen all the back bushes as they are still in good condition on my car, so if i follow your suggestions alloy would cause greater stress on the diff in that case rather than poly...? correct me if i'm wrong... Thanks

celigts

No gt4racing will just charge you a fee till they receive your diff if you bought one. Someone did that on the group buy.

celigts

belanger33":2un4471h said:
celigts":2un4471h said:
toayoztan":2un4471h said:

Bryan

^^^GT4 racing dont do it no more unless you ship your're rear diff mount and then they do it and send it back to you...this would mean i would lose my car for like 2 weeks and it wouldn't be a good option ahaha...On the other hand, which store up in Canada sells polyurethane that i could fill the diff cushion with...?

I'm not willing to stiffen all the back bushes as they are still in good condition on my car, so if i follow your suggestions alloy would cause greater stress on the diff in that case rather than poly...? correct me if i'm wrong... Thanks

And for DIY you can use some of the poly in a tube if you want. I did that when my rubber let go on the rear diff mount. It worked pretty good. Got it at hone depot but forget the name :/ all u know is its a black tube, grey filler and was 10x stength.

belanger33

celigts":2a68zz5x said:
No gt4racing will just charge you a fee till they receive your diff if you bought one. Someone did that on the group buy.

Ok thanks for the info, i misread the first time.....and for the poly tube i'll go and check at home depot loll!

Thanks for the advice!

celigts

belanger33":2qoebxkh said:
celigts":2qoebxkh said:

Ok thanks for the info, i misread the first time.....and for the poly tube i'll go and check at home depot loll!

Thanks for the advice!

No problem :) if you find a tube take a pic and I can tell you if that's what I used. Paul of gt4racing in Poland is a nice guy. Just send him an email and he will help you out.