Celica St205 Struts

Mickey205

Hey Guys

Does anyone know if the original shock for the ST205 is an insert and if it is, what other toyota vehicle is compatible in terms of shocks for that car.

Not an insert.....I do recall someone modifying one and welding a tube creating one to use inserts, not sure of st205 super strut will work on any other car, unless you complete a full suspension swap...I also think the st202 super struts have different pressure....

Mickey205

83841":33wcfyxj said:
Not an insert.....I do recall someone modifying one and welding a tube creating one to use inserts, not sure of st205 super strut will work on any other car, unless you complete a full suspension swap...I also think the st202 super struts have different pressure....

Ok thanks alot!!!

BonzaiCelica

reviving from the dead. it actually is an insert. its an oil filled working cartridge insert vs the gas filled cartridge that's found on the 94-97 rebuildable shocks(found on ST celica without sport suspension) which you can replace with kyb gr2 or bilstein(which have doubled in price since I bought them)

Superstrut Oil Filled Cartridges vs Mcpherson 6th gen Celica Gas filled Cartridges

As you can see its too long and the two pinch points in the superstrut housing doesn't allow the Mcpherson cartridge to go all the way down.

but my idea is two dissemble superstrut housing so its bare and then heating it up and grabbing a pipe that just big enough to fit into housing and hammering it through till dimples pop out. I wonder why Toyota put them there.