Another Alltrac

Eurus

I thought I would move this out of the Intro section and into the project area since, well, its quite a project.
531748_4383467230079_744699832_n.jpg

End of last year i picked up this 88 Celica Alltrac, drove it to see The Hobbit with my GF, ended up leaving the movie and the taillights and dash wouldnt light up. Fast forward past a useless mechanic who only managed to find the issue, melt my sun roof switch area and empty my tank of fuel; I find my headlight relay blows if the headlights are on too long (30mins) due to some form of a heat issue. My HVAC control panel was on its last leg as the PO knew and relayed to me, but he had picked up an extra control panel to replace it; needless to say it wouldnt fit the current wire harness due to being from a different model celica. :bangshead:

Fast forward again to today; The car is currently sitting at my girls parents house with yet another blown relay with condensation on all the interior windows, and one of the members from this site is helping me out with a new HVAC panel.

As I stated earlier I moved this here, in hopes that you guys can help me get this car back in running order so I can sell my bad investment of a car (09 lancer) and save a few hundred a month.

Thank you for any input ahead of time, and I hope this car is only uphill from here.

Eurus

I guess I could also post my goals with this car.
The plan is for a nice daily driver, so nothing execessive, as I am already working on a track car of sorts; though I wouldnt mind a 300 AWHP car to enjoy everyday.
  • HKS Turbo timer and Harness adapter
    Replace I/C pump bearings
    Repair seat padding
    Replace Ignition items (wires, plugs ect.)
    Complete clean/ detailing
    ST185 Tein SS coils
    Custom cat or turbo back exhaust with Apex'I Noir Muffler
    Boost controller (hks manual or Aem electric)
    Sparco Terra wheels in white (?)
    Heavily tinted glass all-around
    Matte Black Vinyl to re-decal
    Uprgade I/C heat exchanger

The PO took rather good care of the car, but I guess things got too bad for him so he let it go.
I am really open to suggestions as I am new to Toyota and turbo/ AWD cars, well driving them every day at least.

UtahSleeper

Well, she looks good from that pick.

I/C pump bearings? Do you just want to replace the I/C pump?

With the electrical, I would go through and find all the grounds, clean the area's and re-tighten the grounds. Also look for any exposed wiring in the headlight and tail light area's.

Everything else you want to address should be easy. Also make sure that your list includes checking all suspension/drivetrain rubber and replacing as that seems to be neglected on our cars.

Eurus

UtahSleeper":2i4bix87 said:
Well, she looks good from that pick.

I/C pump bearings? Do you just want to replace the I/C pump?

With the electrical, I would go through and find all the grounds, clean the area's and re-tighten the grounds. Also look for any exposed wiring in the headlight and tail light area's.

Everything else you want to address should be easy. Also make sure that your list includes checking all suspension/drivetrain rubber and replacing as that seems to be neglected on our cars.
I already picked up the bearings, the xars sitring right now so I dont need a quick fix, but at the same time I cant find any real info on how to connect a bosch pump.

Ill get a photo tomorrow, you can see where the overheating occurs.

Yeah idk why I didnt say I wanted to check/ replace bushings, feels like the rear diff mounts are bad, as I get the thunk from the rear when I accelerate.

Eurus

Updates, kinda.
First off, engine bay photo
420187_4484370672602_627104737_n.jpg

Secondly; I believe this may be the cause of the headlight relays going out on me.
487200_4484371312618_880060872_n.jpg

So looks like I need to find a new fuse box and learn some automotive electrical work.

On the opposing side, I have a new bypass valve on the way, will be picking up a wideband next paycheck to plug another hole in the lo-tek gauge pods i ordered and received really quickly.

88gt4DE

Wow , nice looking under hood. Our ( My brothers and mine ) Intake / Battery conversion would look great in there ...

Eurus

88gt4DE":2gilvr4u said:
Wow , nice looking under hood. Our ( My brothers and mine ) Intake / Battery conversion would look great in there ...
Yeah its so much better with the straight intake, plus ( I dont think you can see it too well) theres a mess of intake plumbing from the recirc valve back into the intake. If I straightened the intake piping I could just use a 90 elbow off the new recirc valve back into the intake.
Will be looking for a how to on the straight intake and battery relocation; not that either are hard, but to get an idea of better idea of what needs to be taken care of.

88gt4DE

Yup , I can see it . We are running the first one recirced and the 2nd wont be at first. I havent had any issues with mine not being so far but if something changes after we finish the intake then it will be changed. I like the heat wrap you used. Anything special ?

Eurus

88gt4DE":g627w0se said:
Yup , I can see it . We are running the first one recirced and the 2nd wont be at first. I havent had any issues with mine not being so far but if something changes after we finish the intake then it will be changed. I like the heat wrap you used. Anything special ?
A straight intake will certainly be one of the next things I do.
As for the insulate material, no idea; I actually thought it was factory stuff, guess the PO did it.

88gt4DE

Got ya ... I'll be updating my project thread this morning. You can check out progress of the intake work ....