Driveshaft bearing? Rubber holder?

celigts

The things that hold each section of driveshaft to the body that's like a rubber for the shaft to play around... How do you knowif it needs replacing?

Anoo21

+1 on that i have a want ad for a driveshaft bearing. Mine i went under and moved it up and down and there was way to much slop on my center one. My front one is fine. there should be an slight movement but not to much at all, if that made sense. plus you would hear a howling sound like a wheel bearing is going out kind of sound.

celigts

Yup got that howling. Had a feeling that was my problem. *sigh* toyodiy.com says the part is f*ing $200!

88gt4DE

Its worth the money for the correct fitment. We had someone with a supra try that and got 2 aftermarket that didnt fit correctly. In the end ... you know what happened :wink:

Anoo21

I wanna get two so I wouldn't have to worry its just I'm doing a clutch soon and all this stuff stacked on making me broke

88gt4DE

Anoo21":5rs775ly said:
I wanna get two so I wouldn't have to worry its just I'm doing a clutch soon and all this stuff stacked on making me broke

Thats what these cars do to us ... but its sooo worth it :twisted:

Anoo21

88gt4DE":201dklnw said:
Anoo21":201dklnw said:

Thats what these cars do to us ... but its sooo worth it :twisted:
I do love my alltrac :D it is worth it and I'm glad cause I started working at my local Toyota dealership so I will be getting a discount soon ;)

underscore

I never even thought about those things, if I ever need to replace them I'll probably just save up and get the CF driveshaft.

Anoo21

underscore":191lsyrn said:
I never even thought about those things, if I ever need to replace them I'll probably just save up and get the CF driveshaft.
They make the cf shaft still? Can you send a link?

celigts

underscore":1wwdhigl said:

That's what I'm thinking. Cuz for half the price you buy both bearings so why not save the rest and get the lighter cf driveshaft and have more responsive results.

Anoo21

Mines getting worse too looks like yours. I might see if toyota still can get them and just replace it. I would really like a cf shaft but I can deal being without one right now.

celigts

Well if the price for the bearings are half the price of the shaft I'd deal with the blown ones till I had the other half.