Awesome Project ST165

Awesome-Trac

UPDATE: so this week I have some time to kill plus I get my celica GTS back :D which leaves me time to pull apart the Trac. On my to-do list is to clean up all the oil covering the bottom end of the engine so I can further diagnosis the oil leak problem and repair, second add the WORK Emotion CR Kai that's just been sitting in storage for about two months now and third install Apexi Turbo timer, HKS blow off valve then find a good manual boost controller so overall this week will be nothing but work and Alltrac dedication

Awesome-Trac

jaydog82":7rhdg6lr said:
i just installed an apexi ebay turbo timer, hit me up for the wire colors. get a boost valve brand mbc.

I have the same Apexi turbo timer as well including the hks TT-1 harness which makes it easier on hook up. Did I hook up the other features on the timer?

Awesome-Trac

jaydog82":1j9skk6c said:
i hooked it up to the ecu for the afr, but i think i need to check it because the afr does not work.

Cool but I heard these afr reading from the turbo timer are inaccurate tho which is why I left mine alone

underscore

jaydog82":241f3t51 said:
i hooked it up to the ecu for the afr, but i think i need to check it because the afr does not work.

If you stock O2 sensor is a narrowband one then you won't be able to pull the AFR from the ecu.

underscore

depends if it's a wideband sensor or not, and what kind of signal it's putting out vs what the gauge is expecting to see.

McKenzieJr18

On my aem uego the oxgen sensor signal is only used for reference for the guage. The narrow band guage only reads 0 to 1v and the wideband read 0-5v

Awesome-Trac

UPDATE: So recently my trac has been down a few time due to minor repairs and parts sourcing but so far so good.
finally came around to installing the Work Emotions CR KAI which i think looks awesome but maybe can use alittle lowering to make it look even more awesome
578580_10151344552933517_1811692128_n.jpg

31924_10151335340208517_1855241996_n.jpg

I also added some 4Runner mud flaps with the 4WD logo just so people know this aint your ordinary Celica
734546_10151339895513517_103234328_n.jpg

HID KIT and Hella H4 Housing looks great "big difference"
908422_10151420762148517_1308880093_n.jpg

912949_10151420761973517_122646228_n.jpg

Awesome-Trac

:cry: this car seems to never give me a break when it comes to maintaining it! all i ask is for a month without replacing something just a month to be able to have a peaceful ride anywhere without hearing a different noise other then the usual.
so today i yet again i began to hear strange noises coming from the driver-side tire which sounded like a consistent knocking so i pulled over asap to check out the problem but saw nothing so went back on my way with the noise still happening. once i got home i lifted the front and examined the wheels only to notice alot of play while shaking the tires only to find out that the axle nut was loose and causing it to shake so i torqued it to factory specs and thought nothing of it cause the noise was gone. While taking a 1 hour drive to pick up a friend i heard a loud bang underneath the car and thought i hit a rock or something so i was able to make it to where i was going then checked out what happened only to find out i lost the axle nut and the axle was just stuck inside the wheel hub plus to make things worse all the auto shops around the were closed cause it was already 10:30pm. :( I was trapped in a parkinglot, no place to find a axle nut, no help in sight and a somewhat disabled Alltrac so me being the crazy person i'am i took a wild chance and drove the trac as slow as i can home without taking sharp turns which i was lucky enough to get her home.
The next morning the disassemble began and diagnosing what had happen was a must! you know what i wont explain it ill just put up this pic and you tell me whats wrong with the picture

911934_10151424801548517_398995570_n.jpg

UtahSleeper

Wonder if where the axle nut was got weak from not being tight, and when you tightened it, it stretched and was just bound to break with heat. Either way, time to replace that axle........may also want to check the wheel bearing now.

GT4_DRED

Awesome-Trac":27v0z4j7 said:
Yup had everything still there when I drove it but when I parked in the lot the whole thing was missing

So have you gotten a good month's drive out of it without problems? :)

Awesome-Trac

GT4_DRED":ldl7rprp said:
Awesome-Trac":ldl7rprp said:
Yup had everything still there when I drove it but when I parked in the lot the whole thing was missing

So have you gotten a good month's drive out of it without problems? :)

Lol nope Nov had a bad wheel bearing and on Dec 20th coolent hose broke open so overall no good months :(