Celica ST205 Front Brake Issues.

Mickey205

Hey Guys,

As of lately, Ive noticed that each time I mash the brakes, there is a small creaking sound coming from the front brake calipers(hoping it is) as if under some sort of stress idk . The sound occurs ONLY when I mash the brake pedal.

Could it be that the brake calipers and it components wanna be serviced? You feedback would be much appreciated.

Possible ABS issue? or IBS? j.k. could be struts/springs/calipars... any audio or video would help.

Mickey205

83841":lt06szgj said:
Possible ABS issue? or IBS? j.k. could be struts/springs/calipars... any audio or video would help.

My gt4 does not come with ABS. Therefore you gotta rule that out.

phattyduck

Are you sure it is coming from the calipers? I would guess it is inside the car from the stress of your foot on the pedal.

-Charlie

Mickey205

phattyduck":odp9xqmn said:
Are you sure it is coming from the calipers? I would guess it is inside the car from the stress of your foot on the pedal.

-Charlie

I have proven that it is coming from at calipers. When i mash the brake pedal and the car is moving at even a rolling pace from rest, once i mash the pedal it sounds like something is pressing against something and when i let go the pedal i hear like its releasing...Thats why i am of the assumption that is the brake calipers.

Overtriped

Take them off the car, look at the pads, test each piston with pump pliers or a C clamp to make sure non of them are seized open. Make sure you have the Anti squeal Springs in place, take the boots off the rods and clean/re grease them, wire brush the "slidders" where the brake pads seat. put them back on the car, make sure the pads move back and fourth freely, if not you may have to grind them down a bit.

I'm constantly battling my truck's 4-pot calipers. Ive had 2 frozen pistons ( they are rebuildable) but i just get remaned calipers though for like 40 bucks minus the core charge. Ive gone through like 3 sets of pads in the last 3 years and im ready for another set already. ( never replace the rotors plus i brake pretty hard)I also have to grind the pads down to make them fit EVERY time. :shoots: When the pads go on mine they make a really bad Grinding sound, makes the same sound when the pistons are stuck too. Hope this helps. :D

gt4tified

Could be that the sliders are sticking. Make sure all caliper bracket bolts are in good condition and properly torqued, check rotor and disc pads for uneven or abnormal wear.

Mickey205

Overtriped":26cobqqx said:
Take them off the car, look at the pads, test each piston with pump pliers or a C clamp to make sure non of them are seized open. Make sure you have the Anti squeal Springs in place, take the boots off the rods and clean/re grease them, wire brush the "slidders" where the brake pads seat. put them back on the car, make sure the pads move back and fourth freely, if not you may have to grind them down a bit.

I'm constantly battling my truck's 4-pot calipers. Ive had 2 frozen pistons ( they are rebuildable) but i just get remaned calipers though for like 40 bucks minus the core charge. Ive gone through like 3 sets of pads in the last 3 years and im ready for another set already. ( never replace the rotors plus i brake pretty hard)I also have to grind the pads down to make them fit EVERY time. :shoots: When the pads go on mine they make a really bad Grinding sound, makes the same sound when the pistons are stuck too. Hope this helps. :D

I on my second of brake pads(non genuine) which i hate so much due to the stopping distance has increased significantly when they are hot as oppose to the genuine brake pads that the car came with. I will take your advise and pull the calipers apart and check/clean the pistons and re grease everything...Thank a lot dude!!!!

Mickey205

gt4tified":1am23zoa said:
Could be that the sliders are sticking. Make sure all caliper bracket bolts are in good condition and properly torqued, check rotor and disc pads for uneven or abnormal wear.

Thanks I will try that!!! however I would like to know form you, where in Trini.. I could POSSIBLY get a ST202 OEM lip kit or one for the ST205?

gt4tified

Mickey205":14yrznxc said:
gt4tified":14yrznxc said:

Thanks I will try that!!! however I would like to know form you, where in Trini.. I could POSSIBLY get a ST202 OEM lip kit or one for the ST205?

where are you from...and do you want just the front lip or all around?

Mickey205

gt4tified":2mcamcxz said:
Mickey205":2mcamcxz said:
gt4tified":2mcamcxz said:

where are you from...and do you want just the front lip or all around?

I am from Antigua. I would like to get the all around lip kit. If possible. Do you have Facebook, if so whats ur profile name? The st202 lip kit would work well on the car.