JDM HKS 'Silent Hi-Power' Catback for ST185

Wreckless

My GF is interested in this catback, I found it listed on Takakaira after searching the internet high and low for a quality cat-back system with some reputation for being quiet.

Anyone with any experience with this catback? If so, is there anywhere in the states that can get it?

I'd also like to hear any feedback from people with the Aussie system, and how quiet it is.

Thanks in Advance.

RIalltrac

I have the twin tip aussie setup, from the turbo back, with the catco high flow cat in place. I wouldnt use quiet as a means to describe the exhaust. It has a nice low tone to it. Its not all poppy sounding like a lot of the honda's sound. But it does get a bit aggressive sounding around 2800 - 4000 rpm, Plus with the full setup you can hear the turbo spooling pretty well, kinda cool I guess.

dlek00

I have the full 3" Aussie exhaust with N1 style canister. In my opinion it is very quiet for a full 3" system. I even took out the silencer it comes with and I still think it's very quiet compared to a lot of exhausts out there.

liveXwire

Well I have the single tip style Aussie system and with its silencer is the quietest of the aussie bunch. At idle it has a bit of tone but I tend to not even hear it hardly. When driving it has a nice tone and isn't horribly loud. You hear it still though.
Well I'm pretty sites like option auto carry the HKS exhaust systems for us, though their site is down at the moment. http://www.optauto.com

silverarrow

Have gutted primary cat, Aussie 3" mp and n1 style exhaust. Not loud at all, do not use the silencer that comes with it even. I'd say this is the quietest 3" exhaust I've heard on any turbocharged car.

Griffin

Wreckless":2b9jr5yd said:
My GF is interested in this catback, I found it listed on Takakaira after searching the internet high and low for a quality cat-back system with some reputation for being quiet.

Anyone with any experience with this catback? If so, is there anywhere in the states that can get it?

I'd also like to hear any feedback from people with the Aussie system, and how quiet it is.

Thanks in Advance.

I have the HKS Hiper 3" exhaust attached to the back of my Aussie 3" DP and MP. Its pretty cool - its deep and throaty in the can and immediately next to the car, but very quiet behind the car. VERY quiet under boost. It does get a bit loud IN the car however.

Wreckless

Thanks for the responses.
I'm spoiled by the Greddy SP catback that is on my silver Supra (my red '89 turbo is my daily driver and still has the stock catback) I really like the quiet tone of it, and was disappointed to find that Greddy doesn't make an exhaust for the ST185.

What about any other catbacks out there? Blitz, etc?

pog0

Silent CatBack? Does it include the silencer or something? I wonder waht the difference is between the regular hi-power and this.

Gary

Did you mean the twin-tip, stock looking HKS Sport Exhaust?
hkssport.jpg

sardgt4

The silent hi power is the new replacement for the hiper as those were discontinued. You can view and hear this exhaust on www.takakaira.com. The canister looks bigger than the hiper, but there is no picture of one for the st185. Quality is probably second to none since it is HKS. Hope this helps.

John So 92 st185

Griffin

Toysport is selling it, but they want a grip for it (Like $650) - it look sa lot like the old Hi Power but its stainless.

alltrac.net

I will be ordering these at the beginning of september. If you want in, visit the 935 section and we'll make a list.

If we can get 3 people together I think we can get a little price break.

BraveUlysses

Griffin":3sbvu4ba said:
Toysport is selling it, but they want a grip for it (Like $650) - it look sa lot like the old Hi Power but its stainless.

Well, its full stainless and costs a good chunk less than the Aussie stainless catbacks.

Griffin

BraveUlysses":3eqokrc4 said:
Griffin":3eqokrc4 said:

Well, its full stainless and costs a good chunk less than the Aussie stainless catbacks.

True - just a lot more than the old HiPer system is all.

BraveUlysses

Griffin":3o0lpbct said:
BraveUlysses":3o0lpbct said:
Griffin":3o0lpbct said:

Lowest price for the HiPer 3" catback I saw was close to 600.

Griffin

BraveUlysses":t7lznx55 said:
Griffin":t7lznx55 said:
BraveUlysses":t7lznx55 said:
Griffin":t7lznx55 said:

Toysport sold it for $400

BraveUlysses

Griffin":2toert4o said:
BraveUlysses":2toert4o said:
BraveUlysses":2toert4o said:

Toysport sold it for $400

!

(also quoting for the sake of the biggest quoting of quoted quotes)

Wreckless

Just to clear things up, the HKS Silent Hi-Power came about in the face of tougher noise restrictions in Japan. As such, I believe it will be as quiet as I'm hoping for. Its also a JDM only item, I hope 935 pulls through on getting a few of those.

BayAreaAT

Call the Toysport and tell them your from Alltrac.net
and Chris from San Francisco told you to call them...I got mine for 400.00 Hi power Ex.