project de-ricing my celica Complete LIP/PAINT/FORGED 3/25

custom rear lip yay or nay??

• yay!!!

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • nay!!!

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters

scuba

Any updates on the front and rear lips, or sideskirt write up? Also, if you dont mind, can you post a picture of the finished wing that you were working on? BTW: Your artistic styling is really making me want to keep my car, and copy your style. Very nice, and very clean. Leaps and bounds better then the old look :)

Thanks, Steve

i used the bumper repair kit from autozone. its the two part mix that comes in a small quantity for 8.99 if im correct. i dont think it will hold up to mending two pieces of plastic together. it will hold up but not for long as i have used this to repair my cs bumper. it seems like when it was sanded down to even it out, it begins to peel from the surface.

scuba, its in the works right now, im jus waiting on time now to start the process.. thanks for the comments.. as far as the wing, i scrapped the old wing idea in favor of a new design

Cuttyman9

Those xxr's looks sick, and you're tellin me you basically hacked the mount for a stock brake, found 3000gt calipers and bolted em together haha damn that's so much easier than my brembo swap. Lol

That's pretty awesome.

yes, thats exactly wat i did. only thing that sucks is finding the right disc for it. celica has been on the back burner right now as there is other priorites to worry bout.

Cuttyman9

So what rotor did you use for the 3000gt calipers?
I'm trying to do the same swap you did. So far I have all but one caliper and rotors (unless the sti rotors work, I have a set ill see how well they work, they were pretty good with my boxster calipers, if only I had bought boxster S calipers lol)

I appreciate any info you have.

Cuttyman9

So the sti rotors didn't fit, I couldn't arrange the braket to work with the stock rotor to fit the 3000gt caliper I have.

Oh one thing to note is I have a valid solution to the 5x114.3 swap in the rear of an st184 or at180- Camry hubs and rotors, it's all bolt on. The Camry rear rotors are slightly thicker that the celica ones but otherwise they are identical
The front (if I continue with this swap) should be 1996-2000 rav4 front hubs, 1990-1993 celica spindles and celica bearings, viola!

I have a narrow body st184 (celica GT), this is my wheel layout.
Also I have 255/40/17's on the rear of mine with rolled fenders and coilovers and will have wide (gts/alltrac) fenders up front with 245/45/17's.
Rear only rubs on the craziest of bumps and front as well (right now it has narrow front fenders and 225/45/17's on 8 inch wide wheels +45)
17x8.25 wheels all around with +35 offset and no spacers

Thought I'd share some info.

soarer.jzz30

It's been forever but I'm back on, this is one of my favorite threads I love the whole body of the car, I'm making my own extensions as we speak and it isn't easy, I'd like to see how you made the lip so I could make one for the 92+ bumper, otherwise I'm just going to cut extend and fill the bumper and fender to make it 2-3" lower all around. I'm using a stock rear bumper to make my rear lip, also I picked up some new shoes to throw on (they are huge)

haha, you brought this thread back!!! I def have to update this thread. so the update is.............................................

I am now an st185 owner!!! yay!!! everything will be transferred over from my st184.. except the built 4gen...