jeff's frankenstien 3rd gen 3sgte build (new heat exchanger)

monkey8oi

@3tcpower - thanks!! yeah, it sucks.. if i find another ct20b for under $400, i'll probably pick that up but otherwise, im just going to save up for a gt28..

@zeng, i guess i might've been pushing the limits of that turbo.. i had it set at 18lbs.. lol.. might've been a lil too much.. not sure why it crapped out yet.. gotta take it apart this weekend and find out.. =\

monkey8oi

been a while since i've updated this thread on the alltrac.. since the turbo took a crap on my, i've changed to a ct20b (thanks zeng), changed the oil return lines to ss lines and AN fittings, new fog lights painted yellow, mud flaps, roof rack, rear seats have been removed, got a cage (not installed yet), new bride seats (waiting on brackets), and carbon fiber wrapped the extra sunroof i have last night (will be installing that next).

monkey8oi

the fog lights painted using window stain

fog2.jpg

not perfect but better than the rusted one i already have on the car. if you plan on wrapping anything in carbon fiber, be careful when pulling it back off because it will pull paint right off as i have learned the hard way..

sunroof1.jpg

that looks to be a ct15b turbo from a caldina on ur first post or did you switch this out for a ct20b? btw it was nice meeting you and chris at torc 2012.

monkey8oi

yes, you are correct... started off with a ct15b from the caldina but ended up blowing that turbo and had to switch back to a ct20b.. it was nice meeting you too and finally getting to see your car in person.. hopefully, i'll see you there again next year..

monkey8oi

been a while since i've updated the progress on the car.. alltrac is currently down due to clutch engagement issues.. swapped the clutch slave cylinder but no good.. now on the to do list;

-ACT 6puck clutch
-st185 trans
-whiteline rear sway bar
-camber bolts
-lower car (~1in)
-realignment
-autopower cage
-bride seats

hopefully, everything goes smoothly.. but doubtful.. :twisted:

monkey8oi

so here's an update on the car. Car's been down a couple months now. I was driving to work and during stop n go traffic, suddenly the car refused to go into gear. So i pushed it onto the side of the road and waited for a tow.. So on sunday, we get down to business.. Bought a new ACT 6puck clutch to install.. So here's how sunday panned out.. We dropped my st165 trans in about 3.5hrs.. Then we dropped my friends st185 motor in about 2.5hrs.. and finally installed the st185 trans into my st165 along with the ACT clutch in about 7 more effin hours!!! That is the last time i will ever try to install a transmission while the engine is in the car!!! Fuck that!!! Here are some pictures of the old clutch and new ACT 6puck.. can you see where the old exedy clutch failed?

clutch1_zps98012044.jpg

clutch2_zps370a03c9.jpg

clutch3_zps2a8e66cd.jpg

clutch4_zpsbb139a82.jpg

clutch5_zps56be3fa5.jpg

monkey8oi

i also have picked up a gt3071r turbo kit by berk. the kit was made for an mr2 so there will need to be some mods made to the wastegate adapter, downpipe and screamer pipe. luckily Chris from KO racing is nice enough to offer to rework the kit for me. here are some pictures of the kit as it is right now. Still waiting on some $$$ so i can send it to KO racing to be modified.

turbo10.jpg

turbo8.jpg

turbo7.jpg

turbo6.jpg

turbo9.jpg

turbo2.jpg

turbo1.jpg

turbo5.jpg

turbo4.jpg

turbo3.jpg

Rick89GTS

photo6.jpg

monkey8oi":310sh4ag said:
".....here's a pic of the ASI radiator that took me 'n' Rick about a year to get perfected. RIGHT ON RICK!!!!...."
It took over a year and i don't think they ever fixed that slightly misaligned fan mount hole.
Remember, it was a two-man job, so much credit goes to you as well.
Those 165/162 aluminum radiators are all over Ebay now.
Funny to think that we were the ones responsible for all that - it's a good feeling :D

monkey8oi

lol.. whats up rick?!?! yeah, i don't think they ever bothered with that fan mount.. didn't matter to me tho cause i went with an aftermarket slim fan so whatevers.. Eh.. no worries on my end. it was well worth it to finally get something made for the 165 community. yeah, i see those radiators all over ebay now.. lol.. nice to know we had a hand in that..
Anyways, hope all's good with you and your trac!! :D

Rick89GTS

Everything's cool with the 'Trac, roadable, just the usual maintenance stuff: leaking rear quarter window seals and now PS pump is squealing intermittently. Probably get her back on the road withing the month :)

monkey8oi

lol.. these tracs seem like a neverending cycle of maintenance.. fun stuff.. mines is just now back on the road after 3months of down time..

monkey8oi

a little update on the alltrac.. ended up selling the gt3071 and bought a borg warner s252.. will be installing in the next couple weeks.. finally installed the front sway bar and sourced together parts for my adjustable front end links.. here are a couple pics of the endlinks..

1_zps72979cae.jpg

3_zpseda0bcfc.jpg