C-One coilovers, my weekend find.

warracer

Alright, so as you probably know, I live in quebec, near montreal. In montreal they are tons of jdm shop, these place are basically little shops that import front clip, parts, engine , sub-frame etc etc and then sells them over the internet (ebay etc) or to locals like me, but the thing is that the prices local gets are dirt cheap... A friend of mine was able to get a perfectly running RB26DETT (R34) for his R32 for the copious amount of 980$ (no tranny). Its really cool to have those kind of shady places 20min away from home... Lately ive been looking around in these shops to find any kind of ST185 parts possible, kind of a testing water.

Then I found this:
P1050100_zps344151df.jpg

Near mint ST185 Modified C-one coilovers :notworthy:
They have upgraded Swift spring with new rates. 120lbs/in. in the rear and 140lbs/in. on the front. :D

Moar pics!

Rear:
P1050102_zps4539eec6.jpg

P1050103_zps1c9aa41c.jpg

P1050104_zpse5d52c56.jpg

P1050110_zpsefb16a1d.jpg

Front:
P1050105_zpsc1ceeea7.jpg

P1050107_zps8b52a0d5.jpg

P1050106_zps18acfa08.jpg

P1050108_zps1b530209.jpg

But best of all was the price I paid... 360$ for the whole set of four... :rofl:

Anyway , I will install these ASAP of my car and update my build thread with some installation picture 8)

Cheers!

MWP

Do not like! :(

Look at those rears... as soon as the helper spring is compressed (ie, sitting at normal ride height), they will have about 1 inch of compression stroke left before hitting the bump stop.
Dangerous.

warracer

MWP":27h30pcg said:

Look at those rears... as soon as the helper spring is compressed (ie, sitting at normal ride height), they will have about 1 inch of compression stroke left before hitting the bump stop.
Dangerous.

Haha I know, those are the front, I fixed that issue when I installed them on my car :D

So I really like the feel of them , the ride is extremely stiff though (compared to stock shock with sagged lowering spring)
But ill get used to it

brutekiller787

warracer":3tar0clf said:
Haha I know, those are the front, I fixed that issue when I installed them on my car :D

So I really like the feel of them , the ride is extremely stiff though (compared to stock shock with sagged lowering spring)
But ill get used to it

To each his own, but i like to drive my car with my tailbone and teeth intact.

quieter

how the hell did you find these? wich shop? i always go check them all out and never find anything for my car

underscore

warracer":2rfh9olb said:
But ill get used to it

Be careful when going with really stiff suspension, it can actually cause you to lose traction due to imperfections in the road.

warracer

warracer":28srvu00 said:
MWP":28srvu00 said:

Dangerous.

But ill get used to it

Oh sorry you we're right, those are from the rear haha :twisted: ,I was looking at this post on my phone, yes I removed the bump stop and helper spring...

warracer

quieter":21xkawxj said:
how the hell did you find these? wich shop? i always go check them all out and never find anything for my car

Nagano jap in st-leonard, they are next door to my job, (Drivetech)

But I got there and they told me they had nothing for celica's ,I still looked arround and I saw them hidding behind a pile of junk, I asked how much he wanted for them and he told me 450, from there I bargained to 360... :)

warracer

Just a few notes on them :

1. The fit is perfect , bolt patern , height, brake line bracket, everything fitted like it was supposed to

2. The ride was harsh at first, but since then its has soften quite a bit , who knows how long they we're sitting there?

warracer

yes triple post, but

The fix I used to make larger rear travel is to cut the bumpstop (this solution is temporary ) the bump stop are shot, one of them (you can see them on the picture) is rotten out ...

I will be ordering brand new bump stops.... :D

warracer

Domspun":32vq9c3a said:
I'm jealous! :D Did you see anything for a ST205?

They are tons of stuff for the ST205, I found exhaust, coilovers, body parts, interior etc etc much easier to find parts

ST185 are pretty rare to find parts in those shop so when you find something, you buy it
and ST165... I have never seen anything for 165.

Domspun

warracer":316pufr3 said:
Domspun":316pufr3 said:
I'm jealous! :D Did you see anything for a ST205?

They are tons of stuff for the ST205, I found exhaust, coilovers, body parts, interior etc etc much easier to find parts

ST185 are pretty rare to find parts in those shop so when you find something, you buy it
and ST165... I have never seen anything for 165.
Coil-overs?! At Nagano? Gonna have to take a look. Do you remember what brand they were?

warracer

Yeah I got mine at Nagano... But they were the only one I found for the ST185, so I jumped on them haha They extremely old school , they we're made in September 1998

Domspun

warracer":2ssm0ado said:
Yeah I got mine at Nagano... But they were the only one I found for the ST185, so I jumped on them haha They extremely old school , they we're made in September 1998
no, the ones for a ST205! :lol:

warracer

Oh, I pretty sure I saw some at JdmMontreal or Nagoya (they are next door) I saw them 2 months ago can't remember the brand...