Starting to fall in love with these

sMARTINside

I had a ride in a 6 liters 500Hp+ GTO, this summer. Man, that was insane! So much power, not so much traction... Just wanted to share! :shock:

WarTowels

frs_zpsf74b0dfc.jpg

Bit bored, not perfect, but you get the idea.

Hotrodhendrix

UtahSleeper":1s40pym2 said:
Hotrodhendrix":1s40pym2 said:
Great car for the ladies or a daily grinder.... Personally my GTO daily grinder dominates them in every aspect and for less. Unless you plan on doing alot of upgrades I just dont see the point for the price.

~James

Guess its a matter of preference. I love the GTO, but would never own one. Too big for my taste. I like small cars.

I imagine the GTO wasnt as cheap new. 30k?

Very true. If we are speaking new prices they were in the 30s.

I see where they were going with it.. Only 2700 pounds and RWD. Hell the GTO is 1k pounds heavier than that!! In todays sports car world the power numbers are high. If only it was turbo and atleast 300hp. That would be a sweet little car.
~James

warracer

Love the new 86 platform, but I am really not sure about the boxer layout, Subaru reliability is`far from being excellent. Also, working on them is such a pain. I would rather have a FR-S with a beams 3SGE... Now this would have been much more interesting. Sure CG would`ve been a bit higher but nothing too dramatic.. .

Meurz

They have put 2JZs in already, so a Beams shouldn't be too much of a problem? Should fit behind the axle, S2K style!

underscore

warracer":oj1rtcr9 said:
Love the new 86 platform, but I am really not sure about the boxer layout, Subaru reliability is`far from being excellent. Also, working on them is such a pain. I would rather have a FR-S with a beams 3SGE... Now this would have been much more interesting. Sure CG would`ve been a bit higher but nothing too dramatic.. .

With a BEAMS 3S I'd be selling my kidneys to buy one!

New Guy

polm":2ia7a28d said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLP-HCcX9as

Words can not begin to express how badly I want this.

Wanting a BRZ/FR-S doesn't mean you want to leave the All-Trac world behind. It just means you want both! 8) I can say right here and now that barring extreme circumstances, my SV25 is never going to another home... But I'm sure as hell going to own a Crawford-built BRZ some day.

RafaCalde

I'm gonna try to get one of these by the fall. I like their style and I need a DD. I don't need to mod two cars. Just some rims, maybe an exhaust and upgraded suspension, and I'd be done.

UtahSleeper

I want an FRS in Hot Lava BAD!!!!! I keep browsing the brz/frs forums and drooling. My plan is to finish paying shit off, get married then possibly get one. Depends on how much I like having extra money each month lol.

Plus I want to wait till it seems like the bugs are worked out. On the forums there is alot of little shit people complain about, but there is a slow building concern with the motor.

underscore

UtahSleeper":ow7xxezx said:
Plus I want to wait till it seems like the bugs are worked out. On the forums there is alot of little shit people complain about, but there is a slow building concern with the motor.

So wait a few years, and if there's issues with the engine pick a first (ie 2013) gen with a bad motor and do a 4g 3S like it should've shipped with.

UtahSleeper

underscore":2vzl1ckh said:
UtahSleeper":2vzl1ckh said:

So wait a few years, and if there's issues with the engine pick a first (ie 2013) gen with a bad motor and do a 4g 3S like it should've shipped with.

But then that screws with the actualy feel of the car. The reason for the boxer motor so it sits lower and further back. Or beloved 4 poppers are longer and will screw with weight distribution, which is one of the things I love about this car on paper. A car is more then the motor.

UtahSleeper

Not sure. Could be good, but the video here talks about the crawford build for the motor. Getting almost 450 out of the FA20. He said this motor does better then the previous suby motors, so would be something to consider.

I am kind of hoping that toyota releases something similiar with a yota engine though. I would like to see a car like this designed with a I4 in mind.

UtahSleeper

It appears that the direct injector seals like to fail. And what appears to be happening because of this is lean/seizing motors.

Another issue seems to be something going on with the oiling system. A couple people have had engines replaced cause something screwed up oiling going to one of the cam variable time systems. The oiling one may not be an issue now, but something to keep an eye out for.

A guy posted today that his engine claim got denied cause he participated in a timed event, even though the motor was stock and broke well after the event.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37810&page=11

May want to start from page one.

Direct injector info.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36129

I still want this car..............but definitely glad I didn't jump right on it.

underscore

It's like anything else, you can jump on it and get the very first version that comes out, but there's likely bugs that will be found and fixed by later revisions. Unless you're one of those "gotta have it first" people, wait for it.