Small dash problem

warracer

Alright so recently Ive noticed my dash started to ''Un-glue''? itself next to the vent. When im driving I can't notice it but outside of the car its pretty noticable, Ive been wondering if any of you guy encountered this issue, and if so how did you fixed it? I thought about re gluing it but Im not sure on which adhesive I should use, technique etc.

Here's a picture of the problem :

aus jd 2703

very common with st18X celica's, you can try gluing it down but realistically you should have the dash re-skinned by an upholsterer. i was quoted $500 to install new padding and vinyl, it would be as it left the factory. this is in Australia.

Corey

You can reglue it.

Mine had the same issue. To fix it I ordered another RHD dash that was in far better shape. When it arrived I found it had started to separate a tiny bit as well.

So to fix it and make sure it wouldn't get worse - I used JB weld epoxy to glue that grey foam pad back down onto the black plastic under lay. I used lots of text books and free weights to pin it down in place while it cured.

Then I swapped the dash out.

There is no way you'll be able to glue that back in place while its in the car. It will need a lot of weight if it was as warped and stiff as my old dash was.

warracer

Corey Darling":ag3eebdv said:
You can reglue it.

Mine had the same issue. To fix it I ordered another RHD dash that was in far better shape. When it arrived I found it had started to separate a tiny bit as well.

So to fix it and make sure it wouldn't get worse - I used JB weld epoxy to glue that grey foam pad back down onto the black plastic under lay. I used lots of text books and free weights to pin it down in place while it cured.

Then I swapped the dash out.

There is no way you'll be able to glue that back in place while its in the car. It will need a lot of weight if it was as warped and stiff as my old dash was.

Thing is my dash is warped, yes. But it is still super tender, I can still bend it in place easily, ill try something next Saturday, should be interesting, and if it doesn't work, Ill just have to order an other dash, by the way where did you order your's?