3S-gte build

gausi93

Hi, i have an 1995 celica gt-4 st205 and im going to be adding lot of power to it next winter.
I've been reading alot about the 3gen 3sgte and looking into build threads.
I want to get 500-700 hp out of it, and i realize that it is going to cost alot of money and work.

I have been looking into parts and ways to do it, and thats were i need advice, im not sure on how i should do it.
I live in iceland so 3sgte parts and any performance parts are hard to find and in most cases just not available here, so pretty much everything will have to be shipped to iceland. So my questions are,
Can i use my 3gen 3sgte block ?
should i bore it 86,5 or 87 mm ?
Do i need upgraded sleeves ?
i basically want to know how can i get that amount amount of power safely out of it ??
how would you do it ?
and dont worry there are going to be alot more questions :D

This car is going to be daily driven, so i will have to be able to count on it to get me to work.
And this car will also be used a lot for track driving and auto-x and the occasional drag racing.
I want to build a mean track car which can also be driven home after the race.

Any advices and experience stories will be very helpful :)

Thanks. Guðjón

Mafix

Can i use my 3gen 3sgte block ? yes
should i bore it 86,5 or 87 mm ? smaller is better
Do i need upgraded sleeves ? no
i basically want to know how can i get that amount amount of power safely out of it ?? safely? how much do you want to spend. power = budget
how would you do it ? 1 question everything, 2 research everything...twice, 3 build an entire paper plan first, 4 return to step 1. start buying parts and another engine.