Blew turbo!!!

Theman88b

Was racing this last weekend and blew the oil seals on my turbo. I have a st165 with the twin entry ct26. I am looking to upgrade on a budget, what kind of options do I have? What manifolds fit what? Will mr2 stuff fit? Can I use a braided oil feed line on the stock turbo? What size oil line? Thanks in advance!

Hotrodhendrix

Options on stock manifold are limited. Rebuild the stock, have the stock upgraded, just buy an already upgraded ct26 like ATS ct27, ct"20b".. Other than that you will need an adapter. Depending on your supporting mods and what you will add when the turbo goes in will be the deciding factor on which adapter to get. Yes Mr2 Ct26 will fit. TD06 20g has been good to me and are failry cheap and easy to find. After market manifolds are available and most come setup with different flanges for different turbos.

SS oil line on stock turbo yes. They sale them on ebay and some other sites. MR2 version should work fine. I used one of the ebay feeds on my TD06 with the correct banjo bolt for it.

~James

crxgames

I just rebuilt my twin scroll ct26. It was very easy. Costs < $150 having the turbo professionally balanced. If you mark everything so it goes back together correctly, you should be able to avoid having to get it balanced again. If you do that, the rebuild kit is < $40.

Theman88b

I looked at that site before, looks like good stuff. I do plan on rebuilding this turbo just to have a spare. I found a ct26 on ebay for about $280. I am thinking it is a junk china turbo, any thoughts? What size SS line works on the ct26? I need it to screw into the head where the oil pressure sender use to be.

Theman88b

Do you have a custom set up available? Or you wanting to make something custom? I would be interested either way.

sentraman

Theman88b":vldwy0ff said:
Do you have a custom set up available? Or you wanting to make something custom? I would be interested either way.

We do have one available, we have a jig and have built 2 for 3 of our st185 customers. PM details of power you are looking for and what kind of setup you are considering?