Quiet in here

Lamont

celi_wabbit":2nunjrcj said:
Lamont":2nunjrcj said:
Still here Flor, just not posting much these days, no real progress being made on my end lately :roll: :? Hopefully it picks up soon, the weather is nice and we need to get a mini-meet in the works soon. I'll be in my 6th Gen, but I'm up for it.

Hey Lamont, when are you going to come up again and hang? Hows that AT of yours, is it painted yet? Maybe after the holiday we could plan to hang at the house again. Let me know, hopefully some of these guys want to came for a little cruse around here.

Let me know when your free. I'll take the ride up one weekend. I need an excuse to drive my 6th Gen :lol: . I'll even help with the bushings if you like, know that can be a pain to do by yourself.

88gt4DE

Let me know what day ya go Lamont , I'll try to make it up too. Will be a pain in the wallet to bring the Tundra up there since I sold the Acura TL ... but all is good ...

Lamont

88gt4DE":26b2ys3o said:
Let me know what day ya go Lamont , I'll try to make it up too. Will be a pain in the wallet to bring the Tundra up there since I sold the Acura TL ... but all is good ...

Will do, sounds like the making of a mini-meet anyone else up for a little cruise?

88gt4DE

Lamont":1crpj3bu said:
88gt4DE":1crpj3bu said:

Will do, sounds like the making of a mini-meet anyone else up for a little cruise?

I'D love to if my motor wasnt out ... could ride I guess :cry:

Lamont

88gt4DE":2pzy233m said:
Lamont":2pzy233m said:
88gt4DE":2pzy233m said:

I'D love to if my motor wasnt out ... could ride I guess :cry:

You're not too far from me. I'll pick you up no worries 8) .

celi_wabbit

Ha! Ha! looks like an AT meet without the AT. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Sounds good to me. Let me check my schedule. I'm thinking the next week or so.

Toxygene

I'm still here. Same as everyon else. I've been crawling out of a hole from when the Economy dropped me on my ass. Still have the Alltrac but she's down. Hoping to get her RestoModded once my current job goes permanent. I've been picking up parts here and there though and unfortunately my two other cars have been demanding attention as well.

mike325ci

hey old timers, i get on the boards once every two months or so these days lol... work is busy (too busy, thinking about changing jobs this one is overworking me and tiring me out) and i'm trying to take control of my finances. times are tough, ya know; i gotta do what i gotta do...

i've also been a bit in hiding lately, almost closed my facebook account (didn't do it, just never used it for about 2 years)... might be some sort of mid-life crisis rofl. but i'm slowly trying to get back to "normal" again. i got back to snowboarding this past winter. wanted to get back into autocross this summer, but i haven't yet done it. shopping around for an autox car for under $2000 now, probably an MR2. just heard last night my old car blew the engine on the highway, oil starvation... i wanted to buy it back earlier this year, but the guy i sold it to had sold it this past fall (still in the region and still being autocrossed). so when i heard the news, i thought i'd buy it back, but sounds like the current owner might do a swap and keep it alive. so i'm looking for one, that light blue color is rare so i'm giving up on the color; we'll see...

i got new summer tires for my celica (dunlop direzza z1s) in preparation for the track day / autocross insanity in canada in a few weeks. i'm waiting for a part to get my air conditioning recharged hopefully next weekend. i think leak i think was in the evap/drier, so ordered a new one. i want to make sure it doesn't leak, R12 is freakin' getting expensive!! @..@ still dealing with the hot start issue, but other than that, car drives smoothly and nicely. definitely ready for the 7 hour road trip to canada... :)

i should check back here more often, huh? i'll try to be better. i'm trying to be more active on facebook too, so you can catch me there. or my website, which i'm trying to do some regular updates to:
http://ST185.325Ci.com/

jaydog82

Ya I need to update my build thread, not too Much going on just work. I will be getting a track ready aw11 soon then its autocross time :)

Overtriped

Was gonna do a rebuild on my Engine.... 2nd gen st185.
It seems like a repeating pattern that whoever rebuilds their engine has issues with lower end bearings and scoring cylinder walls.. I have 3 Rotating assemblies... and the only one that looks like its in fair condition is the one with stock bore and pistons... never unbolted. Anyone else have any input on this?
I have so many parts but i'm considering buying a used JDM motor rather than just rebuilding mine. The way I look at it is that the factory uses machines to bolt everything down evenly all at once rather than one bolt at a time by hand. All i would have to do is buy a Gasket set and re assemble mine.... but i have a bad feeling it wont last too long, considering everything i have read on this forum and that before i bought the car the motor had been already JDM swapped, rebuilt and blown up. :(
On a lighter note i'm ahead on my bills, working overtime and saving for the parts I need.
Cannot decide weather to get a 2nd or 3rd Gen 3sgte... Ive got lots of 2nd gen parts but the 205 motor is tempting me (mostly for the ct20 and trans) . That's what I originally wanted to do, before I got jacked for 2k on the 205 clip i bought. Tough getting over that hump, considering all the parts for our cars are pretty expensive. Oh well... if you fall off a horse you don't just lay there - you get back up and ride that F*ckin thing am I right?! 8)

88gt4DE

Seems 3rd gen parts are a little harder to come by. I think the decision is more based on whats parts are avail to ya. If you can manage to get the complete 3rd gen , ecu , harness , map sensor , etc etc ... then someone have to do the harness conversion ... So lots to think about ...

Overtriped

I sprung for this, they have 3 more of Em of anyone else wants one :D
Stumbled apon this TRUST ST205 catback too
FB5B1E81-6E75-4EF1-9535-138A7A341A78-1266-000000EE02EF0638_zps6f7b4ca8.jpg

88gt4DE

Looks good ^^^^ Hoping to get mine in the car next sat ... running in a couple weeks after my stupid late shift at work ...

Overtriped

I don't know if ill be up and running this fall in time for a meet, struggling with this wiring conversion. I'm not going to splice anything till I figure out EXACTLY what I need to do . On the lighter side i've got the clutch all re built with an ACT unit, to my surprise I found a light weight chromoly flywheel when I was in there underneath a TRD disk and plate. Speed sensor replaced with the mechanical one, 185 mounts are bolted on Also replaced most of the VAC lines . Wiring wiring wiring... then I can slap the engine in and start it up!

warracer

daily driven, no problem whatsoever running 19psi on stock computer :D

home - college
job - home
rinse and repeat! haha