Looking for Suggestions, thinking of parting out

dragstang86

I bought my all trac over 2 years ago now in plans of a full restore but it has just sat in my garage ever since. I am starting to come to the realization that with all my other toys/race cars take a higher priority, I may never actually get to finishing this thing. I do still however want an alltrac, but I am starting to just lean towards a stock driver since I have plenty of other "go fast" cars anyway.

So my debate,

I am debating whether to put the car up for trade towards a stock all trac (really want a 93) but figure the chances of finding the right person are minimal so thinking of doing some sort of part out. The chassis is in good shape so wouldn't want to do a completely part out because it is too nice to do that with so I am considering selling it rolling and part out the engine/aftermarket stuff since it has a lot of money in aftermarket stuff with very few miles. I bought it with the previous owner being under the assumption that it has a cracked cylinder wall because he said it was pressurizing the coolant. Engine only has a couple thousand miles on it (cross country trip from NM to NJ) but it was tuned in elevation then moved to sea level and didn't retune. I have never dug into this issue, or done anything but put it into the garage. I figure it would be more beneficial to just part the engine rather than reblock it? If in fact it even has a cracked cylinder wall.

What do you guys think would be my best bet?

Here is a link to my project thread with the details:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=43155&p=408008#p408008

Original owners project thread with pictures along the way:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23295&start=90

dragstang86

Some of the details:

Engine-
JE 9.0:1 Pistons .020 over
Carillo Rods
Clevite Bearings
ARP Rod and Main bolts and head studs
HKS 272 Intake Cam
HKS 264 Exhaust Cam
Fidanza Adjustable Cam Gears
Crower Valve Springs
Crower Retainers
Shimless Bucket Conversion
Ferrea Stainless Steel 1mm oversized valves
Port and Polished head
KO Racing EGR eliminator
KO Racing Phenolic TVIS Eliminator

Turbo-
KO Racing Street Brawler 50 trim T3/T4 .63 A/R TO4E-50 kit
ATS Throttle Body Inlet
Bay Area front mount inner cooler

Drivetrain
ACT Chromemoly Prolite Flywheel
ACT 5 puck un-sprung clutch

Ignition, Fuel and Engine Management
AEM Engine Management System
Supra 550cc Injectors
ATS fuel pressure regulator
Walboro fuel pump
MSD Blaster Coil

Suspension and Braking
Koni Adjustable Struts
TRD lowering springs
Cusco Front Strut Bar
Wilwood 6 piston front brake kit
Stillen Rear Brake Rotors
Rota Sub Zero 18 inch wheels

RC front bumper

The dyno sheet from when it was originally tuned in New Mexico in elevation reads 337/279

New Guy

Albuquerque car? If so, I'd put at least +30 on both of those numbers for running at sea level.

Before you freak out about a possibly blown cylinder wall, pull the head and inspect the headgasket. If it is in fact the block, I have a clean 3S-FE All-Trac trim block with a bottom end knock (rod, I've already checked) that you can have for shipping. It would need to be tanked and bored to match the pistons, etc, but I'm pretty sure it's ready to roll.

dragstang86

I'm by no means freaking out about it, I bought it knowing the situation. I build lots or race cars/engines, it's just a matter of not finding the time to work on it. Starting to lean towards selling out and buying something stock and clean that doesn't need much or any work so all I have to do is get in and drive it when I feel like it. I just already have so many high maintenance car I have to keep up with on a weekly basis, the long term project stuff never gets any attention. I appreciate your offer and if I decide to fix it I'll let you know!

GT4times2

Here's some advice if you want some. I'm understanding, You like All Tracs. You've always wanted one, and now you have it. Now you don't have much time to work on it, yet want a Stock one? I know the feeling. Gone through this numerous times owning numerous All Tracs.

Here's my advice:

Sell whatever parts you have now, to fund what I'm about to propose.

Get a 4th gen 3SGTE motor, mate it to a ST205 gearbox. Do a full maintenance/service on it (All belts, pumps, plugs etc). Keep the stock Turbo, run a 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, dial the boost up a bit, and enjoy the BPU set up. You may fall in love all over again. You're really not benefiting much by selling a 92 to get a 93. It's pointless imho, unless you're looking for collection purposes. Aside from that, it's time wasted. There's not much (Anything AFAIK) the 93 has over the 92.

underscore

GT4times2":ztzch30p said:
Here's some advice if you want some. I'm understanding, You like All Tracs. You've always wanted one, and now you have it. Now you don't have much time to work on it, yet want a Stock one? I know the feeling. Gone through this numerous times owning numerous All Tracs.

Here's my advice:

Sell whatever parts you have now, to fund what I'm about to propose.

Get a 4th gen 3SGTE motor, mate it to a ST205 gearbox. Do a full maintenance/service on it (All belts, pumps, plugs etc). Keep the stock Turbo, run a 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, dial the boost up a bit, and enjoy the BPU set up. You may fall in love all over again. You're really not benefiting much by selling a 92 to get a 93. It's pointless imho, unless you're looking for collection purposes. Aside from that, it's time wasted. There's not much (Anything AFAIK) the 93 has over the 92.

This.