polm's 280whp 92 jdm GT-Four build

polm

Hey guys,
First off let me introduce myself. I'm 18 and I'm from Quebec, Canada. I'm a student currently on vacation, heading for university this september. I've owned a red JDM 92 GT-Four since July 2012 and I really like the car. I'm confident I have the patience and determination to go through this project! My experience with cars is limited, yet surprising for a guy of my age (I think). This is my 3rd car, the 2 others being a 99 tercel and a 90 civic with a b16a, for which I did an engine rebuild and lots of suspension and chassis work last year. I learned a lot with these cars and I'm really looking forward to working on the GT-Four! I've been stacking parts since January and am finally ready to start my build! My goal is 280whp on 94 pump gas and water methanol injection while also improving handling. I will be doing the chipped honda ecu conversion as per the guide by scarecrow on mr2oc and some other good diy stuff like running modded wrx injectors (750cc) on a 5sfe fuel rail! ;) I have until the end of summer to complete this build, but I hope I'll be done before that so I can enjoy the car a bit! Here's my mod list and the first day of progress.

Mods, current mods are listed as "installed" (will update the list as I go through the build!): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... oSXc#gid=0

The car (pictures were taken a couple of months ago):

Day 1:
Not much happened, got a lot of stuff out of the way, pictures aren't really relevent.

That's it for now!
Pierre

polm

brutekiller787":1n1k0xtb said:
Wanna make me a patch harness lol.
It's not very hard actually you can do it yourself in an afternoon! I'll post links when I get home :)

polm

warracer":azypx5k0 said:
Sweet build cannot wait to see it :)

P.S Tu peux me text si t'as besoin d'aide! ;)
Thanks! Your's looks sick too :) I'll be pulling the engine tomorrow! Only thing left to undo is the axles and damn they're tight lol I mean it's crazy how hard the bolts are to remove. I'll have to rent a stronger impact wrench!

polm":azypx5k0 said:
brutekiller787":azypx5k0 said:
Wanna make me a patch harness lol.
It's not very hard actually you can do it yourself in an afternoon! I'll post links when I get home :)
Here are the promised links. This is the guide for the ecu conversion: http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=381639
And here are the pinouts I used:
3sgte (find your ecu in the list): http://gt4.mwp.id.au/Electrical/All%203 ... iagram.png
OBD1 Honda: http://technet.ff-squad.com/wiring.obd1.htm

Progress today was pretty straightforward and not worth posting picks imo because there is nothing to see, except for some wires hanging around :p
Cheers!
Pierre

polm

So I got the engine out today! Finally! Those axle bolts were tight as f***, I rented a monstrous impact wrench that makes 720lbs of torque which is nearly 3 times the power of the one I had and man I still had to beat the shit out of it! I'll be starting to work on the engine tomorrow. I have a question for you guys, what bolts do you use to hold the engine on the engine stand and where do you screw them?? Thanks!

polm

So! Forgot to post progress from Friday so here's a larger update! I started dismantling the block. Here are some pics. The block is dirty as hell and the hg is destroyed lol I'm glad I'm fixing this before something happens!
Cheers!

polm

So, I haven't posted much progress (I'm lazy), though there has been some work done! The block is at the machine shop and I'll get it back in 2 weeks (I know it sucks :( ). For now here's a mixed update of everything I've done lately!
Cleaned the valve cover, fuel rail and misc supports so they're ready for paint

Looks kind of pink, but it's a lot better in person. I'll see if I can play with the lighting to get a better shot
Here's a link to the paint used, good stuff! http://www.rustoleum.com/en/product-cat ... /high-heat

Modded the wrx injectors. Here you can see the filing of the pins so they fit in the oem connectors

Compared to stock

Filed the cap off, the stock flow rate is 440cc, with the cap off they're 750cc, it's a common mod in the subaru scene

Compared to stock

Then I cut off the caps on the stock fuel rail

Fitted a mitsubishi dsm injector seal

And it seals perfectly, like it was meant to be there originally!

Next I welded and painted an extension for my kinugawa wastegate which was about 3 cm too short (very poor fitment, at least it works well) Looks good imo

Here's the IAT I'll be using, it's from an audi/vw 1.8t engine. Got it off ebay brand new for 9$, good deal! Best part is it uses the same connector type as the cold start injector so all I did was jump that wire in my patch harness to the IAT input of the ecu

Made this adapter plate out of scrap aluminum I had lying around

Sealed using the oem gasket and some liquid silicone gasket maker. Looks good imo

Here's a pic of the modded ignition wires. I used the 3sgte rubber seal cap or whatever you call it and a honda wire because they're required to fit the honda distributor for the ecu conversion

While we're at it I figured I should post a pic of the patch harness I made about 2 months ago, I was ready :p

So that's about it for now, though I have a bunch of parts I should just take pics of and post, I'll do so when I'm not lazy :twisted:
Hope you enjoy!
Cheers! :D
Pierre