Project: Black Trac- She's gone!

Landon

I found that cube when I did my clutch a couple years ago, had worn through to the pin slightly it was so bad. definitely something to watch out for, thanks man.

Landon

Picked up a set of Scion Tc wheels to replaced my green ones because one was pretty badly bent. Found this set for $120 on craigslist. Just light curbing on them, but I thought a pretty solid deal and I'm pleased with how they look. I'm not a fan of the fitment, but they work so I guess I'll deal with it for the cold season's.
IMG_20130301_163009_zps6a2997dc.jpg

Landon

Hey guys, I just recently graduated with my automotive degree and here is my senior project. I fabricated an Evo 8 front mount intercooler in and swapped over to a ST205 tranny. While doing this I found that my valve seals were shot, I had been burning a hell of a lot of oil, and leaking plenty as well. So I tore everything apart and ended up replacing the rings, main bearings, rod bearings, complete upper and lower cometic reseal kit, resurfaced head, Cometic metal headgasket, Mishimoto radiator, water pump, all timing components, ARP goodies (head studs, main studs, and rod bolts), down graded to an ACT sprung organic disk clutch (the 6 puck went waaaaay too fast), deleted both TVIS and TSVS, rebuilt my stock ct26, SS clutch line, poly motor mounts, and cleaned everything up. Anyway, pictures speak for themselves. Let me know what you all think.
Before

Wastegate bracket

Radiator fan fix

My splash guard found its way to the trash somehow, so I cut this out from a road sign we had laying around the shop. Pretty pleased with the out come. Ignore the spray paint, I'll be stripping that off.

Landon

Finances didn't really allow for upgrading the turbo or intake manifold. Just needed to get the turbo back to operational. Thanks though, eventually I'll get to the other things. :)

CSAlltrac

Awesome work dude. Driving the car stock is better than not driving it but getting a bigger turbo. I dig the undertray, I wonder how it will do at high speeds. I want to build a splitter very similar to that that extends out the front like 3". Need to figure out how to mount it to the structure though rather just the bumper, I'm afraid the bumper can't handle the downforce created.

underscore

CSAlltrac":36ins6m0 said:
Awesome work dude. Driving the car stock is better than not driving it but getting a bigger turbo. I dig the undertray, I wonder how it will do at high speeds. I want to build a splitter very similar to that that extends out the front like 3". Need to figure out how to mount it to the structure though rather just the bumper, I'm afraid the bumper can't handle the downforce created.

Even if it could, it probably wouldn't transfer much of it to the car.

CMS-GT4

CSAlltrac":3cqjgzgr said:

Plenty of spots under the chassis to connect to. You just need the splitter connectors that have the swivel on the base and you can use the lower rad mount, and even extend from the RC bumper brace.

I have seen plenty of poly bumpers with these connected to them as well, and have proven to hold up in race conditions.

CSAlltrac

The RC brace is where I was thinking of dropping a few pieces of all thread stock down for mounting points. I am also kicking around the idea of just making it a cosmetic thing. More of a lip plus under shield.Take Landon's design and add a front wind diffuser from a CTS-V and sandwich it between bumper and shield. I think it would work well and give that "lower" appearance. Here's an image of the diffuser I'm talking about.#15. It's soft enough to contour to the shape of our bumpers and is about an inch and a half tall.

Landon

Well, as sad as this is to write.. The alltrac is gone. :( Traded it last night for a 1995 m3. Seemed like the best thing to do. I already miss the car like crazy, especially this morning in the snow. :doh: but I really like the m3 as well. So, for now, I don't have a alltrac, but if you'll all still accept me I'll still be around on here. Definitely see a alltrac coming back into my life at some point down the road, don't worry. Anyway, thats that and I will post up some pics of the m3 later.

Landon

It is sad. :( But Josh is right, I already know I'll be back. Probably find another one and pick it up as straight project instead of daily.

Landon

This is what came along to replace the trac. Been pretty happy with it so far.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384318727713.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384318727713.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,964
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384318748083.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384318748083.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,964