carpet interchangeability?

fhalperformance

On my newest st185 project the previous owner had sold some of the carpet & I was curious what celicas the carpeting is the same in. I tried searching to no avail and even looked inside a 93 coupe a friend of mine had to see if the carpet looked any different. Short of calling the dealer and getting part numbers for all the different celica models I was hoping someone on here could fill me in. Thanks guys.

fussellbug

the carpets are molded to fit the floorboards, so the ST185 will not be the same as other Celicas because of the wider driveshaft tunnel. The part numbers in the EPC are definitely different for the ST185 (58510-2D100-color code) versus the AT180/ST184 (58510-2B860-color code).

spitfiremk16

Carpet off a fwd 5th gen will work. It will fit loose in some areas and tight in others but you can make it work and it will look fairly decent.

CSAlltrac

Since I was looking with no real proof to be found I figured I would share this with you guys. Went to a LKQ yard today since it was half price black Friday and picked up a carpet. Actually found a very clean donor GT, was kinda sad since it went to the crusher right after I got my parts from it. Anyways, the carpets do work from a FWD. There are some spots that have to be trimmed or have a relief cut made and some spots that bunch up but I can almost guarantee the fitment will be better than the cheep aftermarket crap offered. It all comes down to finding the cleanest one possible to recondition, the one I found only has one spot I couldnt get clean. Heres the pics of my results.