AEROMAGIC FRONT LIP ST185 LOOKING FOR INTEREST / GROUP BUY

Sneaky184

Sorry for sounding impatient but is there any ETA or pricing on this? It's getting a bit silly now

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

MATT-S

Sorry I know it's frustrating waiting, I have spoken to the fibreglass guy today, the mould is 80% finished and he says it will be 100% and producing the first lips next week. As for pricing it really depends a lot on how many I can sell, but having spoken about material and labour costs with the fibreglasser today I am hoping to be offering the lips at £150 or less, the price will be dependant on the time taken to produce etc but that is a ball park figure for you. As mentioned earlier we will be making the lip in 2 parts for those who want it in order to keep the shipping costs as low as possible.

As for other materials, we sell a lot of poly lips for Honda's I would very much like to offer these lips in poly, but I cant commit to that until I have an idea of how many it is possible to sell.

Thanks for your continued interest
Matt

MATT-S

The mould is completed!! in the picture below it still needs a little finishing. I am impressed with the way it has come out. As soon as my fibreglass guy has some time he is going to make a few lips, I will check them for fitment and quality on a CS bumper and a Regular gt4 bumper, then all being well they will be ready to sell.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MATT-S

I know sorry, I only had my phone with me, it's just to show it's done. That was right after the mould was completed, it has been cleaned up and cut to shape now and mounted on a stand. Again sorry about the picture, best I could do at that moment.

MATT-S

First lip is done, I will trial fit this weekend, all being well they will be available for sale. The quality is better than the original, very happy with the results, updates will follow soon.

MATT-S

So this is the finished product, it is actually stronger and has a better finish than the original. I'm not to familiar with fibreglassing, but my guy says he has used a special automotive quality gel coat that is better for painting. And he has used a type of fibreglass webbing tape that gives the product a lot more strength. I have offered this lip up against 2 CS bumpers and the fitment appears spot on, as soon as I get a chance I will permanently fit it to a car so that I am sure it fits well. We will have a 2 piece version made next week hopefully which will be a lot cheaper for shipping to you guys in USA Australia and Canada. I will get pictures up of this as soon as it is finished. I will contact some shipping companies over the next few days to get a quote for shipping the one piece lip, I think it's really the 2 piece that will be the best option for you guys outside Europe but I will get prices for both so that you have a choice.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1115/gaib.jpg

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1641/c45y.jpg

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/9704/2sie.jpg

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/8808/qonk.jpg

fussellbug

Any chance you could get a picture of this lip on the non-CS bumper? I'm wondering if it would require any significant modification to fit the regular ST185 bumper.

MATT-S

I'll try my best, but to be honest I am struggling to think of anyone who has the normal bumper anymore. I believe the undersides of the bumper are the same in any case so I cant see any problems arising, also this lip was originally made for the non CS bumper, there was a picture on the first page, it looks as though it is down though?

Droptop93

Want!!! I had an authentic aeromagic lip get sold outfrom under me many years ago. So this is fantastic!

I have the front bumper in the pic above. It was offered as a "special edition" I believe. All that is different is the fogs and inserts.

MATT-S

Hi Droptop, yes that's correct with the round fog lights, I have a set here with the surrounds, they just pop off they are the same dimensions as the inserts on the regular set up.

SHIPPING
Ok Shipping for the 1 piece lips USA and Canada it is going to be £145 Australia more like £205 I honestly can't decide if this is a good price or not, obviously its a lot of money for shipping, but the parcel is about the size of a house door and 3 times as thick so it's a big old parcel to be going half way around the world.

Shipping on the 2 piece should work out at less than half that price, I won't have an exact price until it is finished and I can experiment with different packaging arrangements.

So as mentioned, the 2 piece will be a lot cheaper on shipping, but if anyone does want the 1 piece it might be better to send the items in bulk, maybe I can send 5 to one address then they can be distributed from there? Or perhaps I can arrange for land and sea freight rather than air I'm open to any suggestions that will help you guys out. So if you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know, maybe there is a shipping company in your country that is cheaper than here that you know of? Anything at all that will help just let me know and I will try my best to help.

fussellbug

If anyone is willing to do grouped shipping to a single location, I would be interested in a less expensive alternative. For now, cutting the cost of shipping by half is worth waiting a little while longer.