4 PSI boost :( limp mode??

st165fan

Hey guys so this is freshly rebuilt engine and i havent been able to make over 4 psi... before rebuild it was 12-15ish. i have a MBC and one side of my wastegate actuator is capped. ive been looking through tonnes of other posts but cant find any that apply. is this some sort of limp mode?? i can take pictures of anything you may need or relay info. please help me! no one knows our engines like we do!

st165fan

why was your in limp mode? im out of ideas as to what has occured. the PO did alot of cheap mods so im slowly weeding them out but right now im stumped :(

underscore

My WTA level float was bad, resulting in a CEL and limp mode.

Still beat a supercharged B18 Civic running 10psi though...

Theman88b

I know it has been a while but did you figure out the issue? If you are running a manual boost controller straight from the wastegate actuator to the compressor then the limp mode should not apply, at least limp boost, timing may still be a factor. Basically you have bypassed the switching valve that opens the wastegate early due to limp mode.

underscore

The TVSV can only drop it to 7psi in 3/4/5 by deciding not to bleed off pressure, that's it as far as I know, I'm not sure how it drops to 4psi.

zblu81

I belive if you bypass your MBC by running a hose directly from the compressor to the wastegate you should get wastegate pressure, Around 7-8 PSI. If that works there could be wrong with your MBC maybe? although I don't know how a MBC could actually reduce boost pressure.

Or I think if you capped both the wastegate port and the compressor port your boost would only be limited by what the turbo is capable of (and maybe fuel cut)