Whats your engine bay look like?

CMS-GT4

Looking good Monk. I was about to email your dad if he put the IC on yet. I am trying to figure out if there is a block off plate under the throttle body for a cold start injector. I guess I need to take mine apart to see.

sheikhas

DSC0023290.jpg

MWP

alltrac101":2kx9bt85 said:
Latest view, wire & ps hose tucked many years ago & new electric ps....edfc servos off in this shot

More detailed photos please :)
I need to setup my coolant header tank and bleed lines this week, so would like to see some details of what youve done.

eNpdjcEKwjAMhl9l9K5L0qzW7CgiHgRB71Lr3KpzG5uCIr67E_WgOeX7Qv7fiZV7J1pUE7xKOzEoauHaYxdPXBstg--XrAzeRas12iQmQD0AOyCOplUeqiyaV_F8MdswMw0PTf4KYVH7UJYqDQI9JqK880X2Ynzzubictt97X3n9vCECqLe6_avelXVeb3zdVln7DbMf2_izSncCQ4bfISJgNsBjSkCjBguWR2S01gYtGgZDSfp4AuuyRyA,.jpg

Its hard to show pics since its tucked...I did some progress pics, but they're on my other computer
here is the high pressure line & return....into bulkhead fittings just under the vacuum manifold
The pump is just in front of the front right tire behind the liner

Attachments

• DSC00542.JPG
    DSC00542.JPG
    895.9 KB · Views: 5,099
MWP":3qjnq70n said:
Thats for your power steering?

I meant your coolant header tank setup :)
The silver AN fitting with black hose is a 2500psi hydraulic fitting/hose for the high press. side & just below it is the return....both goes thru bulkhead fittings to the electric ps pump tucked up where the windshield washer reservoir used to be.

The coolant tank between the head & rad used to be my reservoir, I turned it into kinda a large swirl pot, this & the rad have bleeder hoses at the highest point that goes to the new reservoir on the left (which is the highest of the system) where there is a -8AN feed to the back of the water pump. The Sp also has a -10AN to feed the other water pump bypass. This setup works great at elevated rpm for sustained time, the pump will never see air...the last test was on the dyno with just a large fan, 90+F day, multiple high boost pulls, water temps never exceeded 200F, where as before we would be 230F & we would have to shut down & wait...The system holds a little over 2 gal. I also had to put a stock 180 deg stat for the car to warm up quicker

Attachments

• Eng1.JPG
    Eng1.JPG
    779.8 KB · Views: 4,933

MWP

Ok, all makes sense :)
Thanks for the explanation.

Im going to setup a coolant tank next to the suspension tower that will have two bleed lines from the radiator, one from the turbo and one from the head coolant neck.
Itll then feed back in on the thermostat neck.

gt4tified

alltrac101":2v2k3b1k said:
MWP":2v2k3b1k said:

The silver AN fitting with black hose is a 2500psi hydraulic fitting/hose for the high press. side & just below it is the return....both goes thru bulkhead fittings to the electric ps pump tucked up where the windshield washer reservoir used to be.

The coolant tank between the head & rad used to be my reservoir, I turned it into kinda a large swirl pot, this & the rad have bleeder hoses at the highest point that goes to the new reservoir on the left (which is the highest of the system) where there is a -8AN feed to the back of the water pump. The Sp also has a -10AN to feed the other water pump bypass. This setup works great at elevated rpm for sustained time, the pump will never see air...the last test was on the dyno with just a large fan, 90+F day, multiple high boost pulls, water temps never exceeded 200F, where as before we would be 230F & we would have to shut down & wait...The system holds a little over 2 gal. I also had to put a stock 180 deg stat for the car to warm up quicker

OMG, Pat'e engine is making so much power that his turbine generates its own electricity, thus no need for an alternator! :shock:

brutekiller787

gt4tified":16go19fw said:
alltrac101":16go19fw said:
MWP":16go19fw said:

OMG, Pat'e engine is making so much power that his turbine generates its own electricity, thus no need for an alternator! :shock:

Its probably back where the power steering pump used to be. I was going to do that setup but couldn't find a decent alternator for cheap

Overtriped

I've done a couple things like add PS cooler since then but this is pretty close to the current. 3 row alloy rad going in soon. Photobucket always cuts my photos short.. :(