Bump steer and roll center correction....

CMS-GT4

I have been trying to get in touch with them since last week. I am sort of trying to come up with solutions in my head in case we need to look for other options. I sort of think, if we had a mounting plate, and a rebuildable ball joint we might make something work. I was thinking of having the shaft of the BJ machined to our taper, and then we just rebuild it when we need to rather than having to get replacements once they go.

CMS-GT4

They never replied to my email so I contacted Ultra Racing, who makes a bunch of parts for our cars already. I will keep everyone posted.

CMS-GT4

I hit up whiteline, but I asked them years ago about doing caster and they were not interested. If I don't find someone soon, it might not hurt to put some pressure on T3.

CMS-GT4

I ran across this post and found out about Howe Racing.
http://cobrablog.holnet.net/2012/08/cus ... s.html?m=1

I gave them a call this morning, but they could not give me a lot of info. They said they can make custom ball joint studs, and they would have to produce at least 25 units to do them. They could not actually give a price until they figured out if they could even do it with a sample.

Cuttyman9

So my idea was to do something sort of like the MRP one but rather than that style spherical bearing I wanted to use the upper ball joint from a 75-ish camaro/firebird because it has a 4 bolt style flange and is offered in extended variations and assuming it has a similar taper it could be a match.

The only fabrication I would have to do is get some 1/4 inch plate, bend it to match the stock angle and drill 3 holes in it to run bolts through to fit the stock A-arm

The only part I don't know for sure is the taper on the stock stuff and the diameter of the stud on both ends, I found that the taper on the Camaro one is 7 degrees.

Does anyone have this info?

I like this method because it doesn't require a press and doesn't require drilling out the spindle.

CMS-GT4

If anyone wants to call technotoytuning you can. They have not replied to my last couple of emails, but I have given up on them.

CMS-GT4

So it turns out cuttyman is working with them on making the extended ball joint. They just contacted me today, finally. Apparently the engineer they assigned to it never touched it. SO, its going to someone else. Maybe come next year we might have something.

Just a note about the flip kit, it is not as deep as our steering arm. When you tighten the bolt, you will bend the washer. I modified a washer to fit and act a spacer. I also got two new washers, so I feel better about my setup now.

ba16528a4d8e11e3bba3127c7df452a8_8.jpg

CMS-GT4

So I guess this is something in the works as well, but I am not sure who is producing it yet.

03ea77e04f3a11e388db12ee1d4b3169_8.jpg

And an extension is being designed and tested for our ball joint design by cuttyman.

03b6cbf84e6211e3ae3f120b5b7df32d_8.jpg

CMS-GT4

If you want one of these, then email T3 to get them on the ball. As of now they have not started on it, however they have a 5th gen in the shop designing rear bits. You can also use their contact page. Here is their email: ggtyler @ yahoo.com