***ST205 bolt on usa available 5x114.3 front and rear

tubasteve

20131003_212709_zps8f693e34.jpg

Dear alltrac.net I've found a solution, it's taken three years, 30+ rotors and lots off my time. I felt like the great mouse detective, but tonight I ended my search.

The front rotors require zero machine work, zero shiming, zero drilling(you could make them 5x100 very easily,I would've I'd the scion tc wheels fit!) The clearance ball joint to rotor is approx 5mm at full lock. The caliper/spindle need 2mm to be shaved.

The rears are exact bolt on, no bs, nothing.

When I got my front calipers I didn't get 205 rotors which made it ALLOT harder cause I was using other people's measurements from all over the inform nets.

My biggest problem is wheels, I've found a buddys alltrac that they fit.

It all started when I was writing my second job, guy brings new a rotor to turn...bam, it looked right, I've handled so many rotors by then I could eye ball size. It was spot on for the rears, then the fronts were the trick, over 100 hours off running numbers, making exceptions, and then in the middle of work, bam.

I'm not disclosing what I did, or am using for this obvious reason...I've spent so much money and time, it wasn't free to me or my wife. You COULD find out the way I did. But I'm unfairly nut going to post what it is. Several users have bugged for months, so here's proof.

The biggy is hub centering rings! The only down side to this, and longer studs.

For around $175 you can get all the rotors I used, I just bought another hub set fir $150 then calipers are around 5-600 if you aren't as lucky as I've been.

mx6er2587

Way to be a douchebag.

How much information and knowledge have you taken for free from this site? Do you you think the people who originally posted it were compensated for their time and hard work? Do you think they didn't invest any money into learning about these cars? This is a community. A place where information is supposed to be shared. Ideas exchanged. Instead you leach from the site and brag about not returning the favor.

Its great that you've figured this out, but don't expect a single post singing your praises. You've added no value to this forum.

Lamont

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: If anyone wants to upgrade their brakes like this get the 90-93 Celica Revolution Willwood Big Brake Kit direct bolt on for the Alltrac retails for around $900-$1000 and get ST205 rear calipers and rotors from EBay roughly $400-$600 for your rear setup also direct bolt on with the use of a .5mm or .020" thick shim between the 54.1mm hub bore and the 55mm ST205 rotor hub bore. There you go :wink: :wink: originally the purpose of converting to 5x114.3 was due to not having many wheel options for 5x100. Now with the launch of the FR-S/BRZ more 5x100 options are becoming available all the time so the conversion is not as appealing as it once was. Not going to bash the original poster for keeping secrets, but it does seem pointless to post this on the forum without full disclosure :? .

tubasteve

This is exactly why, cause every time I bring something to the table you all act like Honda/Subaru owners. Things I've gotten off this site, not enough for how much I've spent. I've done allot of what others haven't or won't. Clearly upset, what does it matter? If you don't need or want, the second poster just took away any feature of me adding the info after I've made sure I'm happy.

I pioneered the hub change. Front and rear with brakes.

So, if this is how it'll be.

warmachine

look dude, it doesnt matter what you drive. (act like honda/subaru owners?) there is simply no point to post pictures and explain how long it took you to figure it out, and how great and talented you are, and not exchange any of the detailed info. if you just want to flex go pop your collar and go to the club. We all work hard to modify and swap parts around on our Toyotas. I also work hard to modifly and swap parts around on my Honda, and on my Subaru. I don't share a lot of it because i simply dont have time to brag about how many solutions ive found to problems that others have said are impossible.

this is a community formed to help one another, if you dont want to share then dont share, simple as that

lumbercis

Could you rewrite the first post in english? I'm not even sure what you've done yet. :|

If this is what I think it is, I wouldn't be averse to purchasing a kit from you if you want to make back some of your investment, but you'd have to at least release what kind of rotors are being used so I could order replacements when they wear out. Otherwise if you drop off the face of the earth or decide it's no longer worth it to sell the kits, I'd be stuck with a brake kit I can't maintain.

tubasteve

Well put, my reason for being rude myself if every time, everything ive put forth, seems to be put down as not real, not happening. I'm just showing it can be done. If in the future I am over all happy with it, fully tested I'm going to consider posting, but right now, no.

I like to brag about what I did cause I can, btw I hate clubs. I'd prefer to hear loud engines running on alcohol vs loud music and alcohol.

I understand we all share. I do share, I've made a ton of things and added them here. When I'm good and ready maybe a week or so I am planning is doing a write up, but not until it's driven on.

I'm not sharing cause I don't. Everything in the past I've shared. As far as no time...I work two full time jobs, and my Celica every ounce of time after that. I can see why everyone is upset, but I want to do it completely first. Granted the Honda Subaru forums are much harsher.

Do respect the fact I have what I intend to share.

The crap shot is the fronts aren't from a performance wielding car, therefore rotors if drilled= slotted, or even coated are eBay only really, the rears are also kind of the same story.

I used cad design to fit allot of my rotors before purchase.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm ultimately going to share, but not until it's mounted behind a wheel, driven, and torn down again. Then I'll show step by step. My wife is in and out of the er the last two nights, I've been trying to share something happy, but I can't as of right now.:geek:

fussellbug

I'm sure there are many on this forum who would like to see a write up of what you used for the 205 brake setup. Your initial post just wasn't well worded and ruffled some feathers. If you have the time and are willing to share what you've learned, please do. I for one am always interested to see the solutions, modifications, and unique fabrication made by forum members.

GT4times2

tubasteve":js6rrzyu said:
Well put, my reason for being rude myself if every time, everything ive put forth, seems to be put down as not real, not happening. I'm just showing it can be done. If in the future I am over all happy with it, fully tested I'm going to consider posting, but right now, no.

I like to brag about what I did cause I can, btw I hate clubs. I'd prefer to hear loud engines running on alcohol vs loud music and alcohol.

I understand we all share. I do share, I've made a ton of things and added them here. When I'm good and ready maybe a week or so I am planning is doing a write up, but not until it's driven on.

I'm not sharing cause I don't. Everything in the past I've shared. As far as no time...I work two full time jobs, and my Celica every ounce of time after that. I can see why everyone is upset, but I want to do it completely first. Granted the Honda Subaru forums are much harsher.

Do respect the fact I have what I intend to share.

The crap shot is the fronts aren't from a performance wielding car, therefore rotors if drilled= slotted, or even coated are eBay only really, the rears are also kind of the same story.

I used cad design to fit allot of my rotors before purchase.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm ultimately going to share, but not until it's mounted behind a wheel, driven, and torn down again. Then I'll show step by step. My wife is in and out of the er the last two nights, I've been trying to share something happy, but I can't as of right now.:geek:

While being happy for you and your paid off research (through trial and error), posting your findings and not sharing anything past that, is really showing off/bragging on a juvenile level.

You have every right to do what you are doing, although done in poor taste. I'm not one to get into piss matches with anyone on these forums. I'm here to do a few things:

1. Learn from others
2. Share (what I find and know) with others.
3. Continue with what Alltrac.net is really about. A forum; a small family so to speak. Here to build lasting relationships/friendships helping one another.

I'm still happy you got it to work for you. I don't care for it, since I'm staying 5x100 (too many wheels options out there now), but I'm sure others may stand to benefit from your hard work.

I'm sure if people like Pat, Trevor & BADNEW5 to name a few had the same mindset, we would see less progress with an already rare platform.

Again, you're free to do what you like. Hope your wife feels better. I know the stresses associated with 2 jobs and holding down a family. I'm in the same boat, minus a wife. Every time you think you have it hard, someone else had it worse. These moments humble us and force us to refocus. :)

Good Luck!

underscore

I know Steve has many, many hours into trying to make 5x114.3 work or our cars, people have been saying the FT86 will bring us better 5x100 wheels for ages, but I doubt that. How much have we gotten from all the 5x100 Subarus? Crap all.

From this:

tubasteve":eufwt3nh said:
Sorry for the confusion. I'm ultimately going to share, but not until it's mounted behind a wheel, driven, and torn down again. Then I'll show step by step.

I think Steve wants to be sure this works and doesn't accidentally damage something unforseen before other members start performing any modifications.

GT4times2

underscore":2n8z75im said:
I know Steve has many, many hours into trying to make 5x114.3 work or our cars, people have been saying the FT86 will bring us better 5x100 wheels for ages, but I doubt that. How much have we gotten from all the 5x100 Subarus? Crap all.

From this:

tubasteve":2n8z75im said:
Sorry for the confusion. I'm ultimately going to share, but not until it's mounted behind a wheel, driven, and torn down again. Then I'll show step by step.

I think Steve wants to be sure this works and doesn't accidentally damage something unforseen before other members start performing any modifications.

I think you're mistaken. There are so many options for 5x100 these days. If you were thinking about Subarus to get more wheels to bring better options for the Celica crowd, you're limiting yourself. The VW crowd has some of the best looking wheels on their cars and most are 5x100. Look at their set ups. The FR-S will only make things better. It all depends on what you're looking for. I don't know what you're looking for, but I can't make up my mind when it comes to wheels for my ST165s, my ST185 and ST202. Too many wheels out there.

At this point, going through the headache of converting to 5x114.3 is so not worth it (for me and others anyways). I don't want to keep referencing to Pat and TJdouble, but they're running 5x100 and have some really nice set ups. You will see more interesting set ups in the near future. I will post pics once I order my next set of wheels and start my project thread.

About Steve, it's all good he managed to make it work for him, but it's still in poor taste to come and brag about something that's not even done and tested. Just do it, test it and if you want to share it, share it. If not, just move on and not come on a forum with a prick'ish attitude about it.

freddie

Congratulations Steve.
You have found the holy grail.

I for one can patiently sit back while you find out whether it is the real deal or not..

Cheers

underscore

GT4times2":1qkht4cg said:
I think you're mistaken. There are so many options for 5x100 these days. If you were thinking about Subarus to get more wheels to bring better options for the Celica crowd, you're limiting yourself. The VW crowd has some of the best looking wheels on their cars and most are 5x100. Look at their set ups. The FR-S will only make things better. It all depends on what you're looking for. I don't know what you're looking for, but I can't make up my mind when it comes to wheels for my ST165s, my ST185 and ST202. Too many wheels out there.

IMO most of the things VW owners do to their cars look like crap, including the wheels. The number of 5x100 wheels out there is decent, but it's nowhere near what you can find for 5x114. My experience has been quite the opposite of yours, nearly every other wheel I've liked is 5x114 only.

GT4times2":1qkht4cg said:
About Steve, it's all good he managed to make it work for him, but it's still in poor taste to come and brag about something that's not even done and tested. Just do it, test it and if you want to share it, share it. If not, just move on and not come on a forum with a prick'ish attitude about it.

I'm glad he posted it even if it is untested yet, albeit I'm one of the guys that was also trying to figure this out, so him letting us know it looks like he found the solution lets me stop looking. If you were trying to find an answer to a problem wouldn't you want to know someone else may have found the solution?

GT4times2

underscore":kvum024x said:
IMO most of the things VW owners do to their cars look like crap, including the wheels. The number of 5x100 wheels out there is decent, but it's nowhere near what you can find for 5x114. My experience has been quite the opposite of yours, nearly every other wheel I've liked is 5x114 only.

I think you're exaggerating about most VW owners and their cars looking like crap. Like all cars, you have a few that go overboard. It can also be said that we All Trac guys lack taste or guts to try different styles of wheels instead of the typical OZ Super Turismo (nothing against them, but they're played out). Unless you're looking for early to mid 90s rare Japanese wheels with aggressive offsets for 5x100 lug patterns, then I understand. Aside from that, I really don't see what you're talking about. I will post my set ups in a few months and share them with you. Being price conscious, I am not going to put a set of $3k-$4K wheels on my cars. There are still good looking wheels in aggressive enough offsets for our cars.

I'm curious, what wheels or styles are you looking for?

underscore":kvum024x said:
I'm glad he posted it even if it is untested yet, albeit I'm one of the guys that was also trying to figure this out, so him letting us know it looks like he found the solution lets me stop looking. If you were trying to find an answer to a problem wouldn't you want to know someone else may have found the solution?

I started the process myself, and started sharing with CMS GT4 at the time. We (a friend mechanic and I) were going with a mix of parts from the early Lexus RX300 and Rav4, but gave up not because of time, lack of funds or any of these reasons, but simply because I realized how many options were out there.

And to answer your last question, YES, I sure would. Now, if I found a solution like other people on this forum, I'd share my findings with members, especially after testing it for a decent period of time and some numbers to back me up.

Even with the mindset to make money, if I were to discover it, I might also have thought to produce an affordable bolt on kit for those who don't have time to fiddle, or fabricate parts. I'm sure some would still show interest.
But a sense of realism should kick in. The All Trac community is small to begin with. Now, within that small community not all would care or want to go 5X114.3, which would lessen my desire to produce a kit. At that point, I'd share my idea with others and let them build their own kit or do it on a demand basis. Not come up like an immature kid that has a vengeful point to prove. Either way you look at it, someone else will surely find a way to make it work for them.

It reminds me of the ATS Racings' attempt to rip people off with their so called "oil pump upgrade" (which they scratched off the part number), which was no more than a Camry 5SFE pump. People will soon figure it out. And that point, people lose some sort of respect for you.

Again, not mad at his success, just turned off by his callous/immature way to brag about it on this forum (of all places). To each his own. :shrug:

underscore

Maybe your area has different VW owners than I get to see around here, if so I consider you a lucky man. Around here they all drop the poor cars as low as possible, stick on some hideous mesh wheels and stretch on the tiniest tires they can find. Bonus points for a random roof rack filled with garbage, and some sort of body panel covered in those stupid stickerbomb sheets you can buy online. There are very, very few tastefully done VW's around here.

I don't think I was being overly picky, but it seemed to me that most decent sized/offset (>7" wide/<40et) wheels were only available in 5x114. Cost was important to me as well, there may be more 5x100 wheels in the higher price ranges but I don't want to spend more on wheels than I spent on the shell.

edit: Tirerack and 1010 won't let me search for rims by bolt pattern, but on Summit there's ~750 sets of 5x100 wheels and ~10,000 sets of 5x114.3 wheels. That's a huge difference.

built2run

Okay so are you wanting to share the information or no? I'd like to know some good reliable cheap-ish 5x114 hubs, that does open up some options for me personally

I can understand keeping it semi pirvate (among AT.net) so pm me maybe?