Can you still buy RC Bumpers?

msanders2

Haven't been looking for parts for my Alltrac in a long time being stationed in Alaska and my car in Georgia. Now i'm back and back on the hunt! Ive been searching and cant find anyone who still sells the RC bumpers and Hoods. Not even the Toyota Dealership I used to work at can get them. I searched on 1sttoyotaparts and it says they wont ship bumpers or hoods. Any help would be great. Thanks

msanders2

How is the quality on the fiberglass ones? And where can you find the bumper support. Also it says no shipping to USA.

If your talking about Andrew, countyboy3188 on mr2oc then yup that's me. His build is a slow one he likes to spend his money on random stuff.

msanders2

Bumping this up because I'm still looking. Amayama says they can't get them either. I know there is one for sale right now in the for sale section but I'm not 100% ready to buy right now. But I'm looking for a source to get one when the time comes.

deecee

I checked with the national toyota parts distributor and apparently there are no RC bonnets or bumpers in Japan as they are discontinued.
Easiest place to buy is from Paul at gt4-racing.eu or from the gt4oc.net club in the UK

anothergt4

DeeCee":3ghklmzn said:
I checked with the national toyota parts distributor and apparently there are no RC bonnets or bumpers in Japan as they are discontinued.
Easiest place to buy is from Paul at gt4-racing.eu or from the gt4oc.net club in the UK
I'm not sure if we could get an ok to do so somehow, but I have one of the fiberglass replicas from the group buy from about 4-5 years ago that I still have not mounted. I plan to mount it when I go front mount, but if someone got the ok to make a mold from it, I would let them use the bumper.

anothergt4

Also I'll build my own "crash" bar, probably out of mild steel for ease of welding, I have not ponied up to a tig welder yet but if people buy parts off my 165 I'll get one sooner

underscore

Some people have modified the standard crash bar to hide behind an RC skin, that may be an easier option

msanders2

The GT4-Racing.eu guy wont ship to USA. How good of quality are the fiberglass ones? Ideally I want the OEM but if its a good quality replica I wouldnt mind Fiberglass, as long as you could mount the Grills in it. Crash Bar would be easy to make or cut up USDM one. Ive had 4-5 opportunities to buy OEM ones in the past and now im kicking my self in the ass for not doing it. I could have got the whole front end from the Toyota Dealership I worked at back in 08. Hind sight 20/20 I guess.

anothergt4

Mine is from the gr4-racing guy and the quality is really good I'll see if I can get some pics when I'm in the garage, and I'm not sure how copyright laws work but if you just had one made off of mine and I didn't charge anything (which I'm willing to do) then no profit was made so I'm not sure if that's ok or not. Just as long as you didn't turn around and make a whole bunch.

msanders2

Your in Texas right? I just bought some 165 stuff from you. How did you get them to ship it to USA? I would love to see some pictures of it.

anothergt4

msanders2":18rung9c said:
Your in Texas right? I just bought some 165 stuff from you. How did you get them to ship it to USA? I would love to see some pictures of it.
I'm in Nebraska there was a group buy with red rocket performance like five years ago and I have yet to install it

msanders2

oh ok. I appreciate the offer but I dont know where I would get a mold made up. Maybe we need to contact that guy again and do another group buy?

anothergt4

msanders2":2ec1ewen said:
oh ok. I appreciate the offer but I dont know where I would get a mold made up. Maybe we need to contact that guy again and do another group buy?
PM Redrkt01 and see if he still has his contact info, he set up the last group buy and was awesome to deal with although I think he said he would never do another one because of the hassle but with it being hard to find the wide body fenders and the bumpers we may have enough interest to make a group buy worthwhile