Project CMS

CMS-GT4

I'm just going to leave it out. Its not worth the trouble, and the exhaust is not so loud that its a problem.

CMS-GT4

Tonight I converted my banjo bolts on my rear 205 calipers to direct adapters using earl's fittings. PN: 592032ERL
I just removed the banjo fitting from my line and now the line goes directly to the caliper. It fits a bit better now too in the rear. I bled the whole system, and the brakes are nice and progressive again as well as constant. Now I am waiting on my extended ball joints, then I can do my alignment. I am working up a todo list, and I will start slowly checking things off.

66de65f8d94411e2954322000ae80d8d_7.jpg

CMS-GT4

Basic form of the brake duct started. I need to clean it up some, then I will glass it over and make it mount onto the stock mesh frame and bumper.

a00016cce9c211e298bc22000ae80f0b_7.jpg

Toyota_Todd

Got to meet Josh and see his Celica first hand yesterday. Very well sorted car with tasteful mods. Just wish we were not 6 hours from each other so we could get together more often. Thanks for the hospitality and the Celica test cruise.

Keep up the great work and stay in touch!

CMS-GT4

Met up with Dave, st185 project in progress and Arron who has a 204 with gtfour bodywork. Nice to get out of the house.
7476e4e6f02e11e285b022000a9f15de_7.jpg

CMS-GT4

Moving on with some projects. I am finally getting these house renovations done, so I am getting back to the car some. Pretty much planned to get my AC and suspension wrapped up as a priority and anything else can come later. I want my caster back to factory until I get something built for proper alignment. So now I need to hunt down a good lower control arm. If I can swap my bushings I will, but I expect I will need to get a new set of super pro bushings for that side. Then I am just waiting on the new extended ball joints.
I was messing around with making a fiberglass rad air guide, but after spending some time on some race forums I don't think it will hold up. I had been looking at Alumilite and Poly metal (dibond) to make a front lower panel. They come in sheets of 8'x10' and appear to be a popular solution to making lower trays. I can get a sheet of poly metal for about $100.
Lastly I ordered a solara gauge pod. I remember them fitting the alltracs with slight modding. I figured I get one before they are impossible to find as it seems to be a discontinued item now. I'll post pics when ever it gets in, it will likely be a while though.

CMS-GT4

So the year is coming close to an end, and I had not done much to the car other than put a nice chip in the paint. My daughter was sick, and I was carrying her out of the Pilot, and the door banged into my rear quarter giving me a chip. I have a can of paint scratch, but its way too light. I am left with a couple of options, I can send an extra painted part to paint scratch to get a better matching paint, or I can put a graphic or something on it. I hate the ideas of graphics, but maybe something small like a thick pin stripe in matte black. Sort of like how the Hemi Challenger does. Its at least painted, but its just not matched.

The car sat all summer other than the car show since I had been waiting on a set of extended ball joints to be made. I am still waiting on that. I might have to look at other solutions. I will likely end up having to go ahead and do my alignment and little things because I won't have time to mess with my car once I get back in the country. Hopefully I will at least have the AC sorted in the next week or two.

underscore

Sucks to hear about your paint, I'll be using decals as well to cover up some paint damage that I have. It's not ideal but it's better than the damage being visible.