88gt4de Project New Leather seats and more !! 11/12/20

88gt4DE

___Scott___":v7jjdp9m said:
It's been a long time since I've heard of this happening, but it absolutely does happen. It happened to me many years ago and I've heard of a few others too.

I can promise it will never happen again. Kinda concerned about my brothers now too. We may have to get in there and take them out before it happens to his too ...

Awesome-Trac

Now I'm really worried! My motor was rebuilt by the previous and I don't know wheather he took care of it or not, was also a Toyota tech so I guess I'll do by best to turn it back into a project garage queen

88gt4DE

Pictures of the carnage and progress ....

Nice screw ^^^ Friggin :bs:

I don't care if it hurts performance or not , these will all be removed ....

And her current state with a new steering rack waiting for re-assembly ....

Just working on finals details for a GE head I found , then off to machine shop with it. Hoping to have up and running by Labor day weekend ... we shall see ... :roll:

88gt4DE

So its been awile , progress has been slow. Sun glare was terrible that day and most the pictures are terrible. Engine is back in car and have been slowly throwing parts back at it. Hoping to turn the key before the end of the month for DMV inspection mid Nov ...

I would like to send out a few thanks to first my brother ( 97jza80 ) for allowing me to invade his garage for another 8 months , Dan ( LegacyofDan ) for finding and parting with a 165 head and Rob ( Rpz123isme ) for doing the machine work on the head and making repairs and upgrades to it. If you need cylinder head work done. Send it to him. Spend the money to ship it across the country like I did to have someone that knows those heads working on it. Just my 2 cents ... :wink:

celi_wabbit

88gt4DE":ofv42p3m said:
celi_wabbit":ofv42p3m said:
Hey man.... progress is progress. Looking really good!

Hey there ! long time no talk to. Time for a visit when I get her rolling again ...

Yeah! we do need to to get things going again. Mine is finally done (for now), all it needs now is inspections and she'll be on the road again.

88gt4DE

Rpz123isme":3f5i9iqh said:
Thanks for the kind words on my work. I hope she get going good for you. And thanks for the business.

Thank you for taking the time to do it and rush it for me :wink:

88gt4DE

celi_wabbit":2ppywvpa said:
88gt4DE":2ppywvpa said:
celi_wabbit":2ppywvpa said:
Hey man.... progress is progress. Looking really good!

Hey there ! long time no talk to. Time for a visit when I get her rolling again ...

Yeah! we do need to to get things going again. Mine is finally done (for now), all it needs now is inspections and she'll be on the road again.

Inspection up for me too , then pull all the cat and stupid crap back off for two years. Considering trying to tag it as a classic ... we will see. Word is no more emissions crap but mileage limits and something about only driving it to car shows. But really how they gonna know where I'm driving the car if I get pulled over anyway ... :shrug:

celi_wabbit

88gt4DE":tqgfjfpq said:
Inspection up for me too , then pull all the cat and stupid crap back off for two years. Considering trying to tag it as a classic ... we will see. Word is no more emissions crap but mileage limits and something about only driving it to car shows. But really how they gonna know where I'm driving the car if I get pulled over anyway ... :shrug:
[/quote]

I was thinking the same way a year ago and was told the same as you about driving. Your semi right about how they are going to know? Every time I drive the car, it's always at a meet or car show anyway. I consider meeting with other Alltracker's a show.

88gt4DE

So , shes up and running once again. I managed to kill both front wheel bearings moving the car around. Really didnt move it around much so I'm kinda surprised. Replaced one this morning , I'll do other one next sat. DMV monday !!! Roughly 30 miles into testing .... So far , so good. not really many new pictures but I'll find something to throw up tomorrow or so. Between full time job , part time side work and this car , time to do anything has been tight .... :? Tired ... Until tomorrow.... :smokes:

88gt4DE

jaydog82":pnrtoxuu said:
Glad to hear its running

Me too man ... Missed it alot. Still has all the DMV crap in it until next week but it's not like I can run around beating on it anyways 8)

88gt4DE

More Pics !!! :D

Fully assembled ... with DMV crap installed :roll:

New addition to clean up additional power wires and spots to add others in future if necc ...

Replaced worn front sway bar bushings ... this was suppose to be next on list when I had engine problem :roll:

And of course that didn't go smooth either. Broke 1 out of 4 bolts and still cant believe I got it out ....

Running !!!!

View My Video

And FINALLY home. Had been away at my brothers since Feb. Hope you had a nice vacation you little pain in my A$$ ... LOL 8)

DMV tomorrow !!!