no st165 gt4s for sale in the uk

leekycelicy

ive been looking for some time now and I cant find any st165 cars for sale on the private market in the uk,

I can find 1 for sale in a showroom in Exeter but that's it and that one is about 5 or 6 grand in original condition.

these things are really rare over here, they just don't exist anymore, if you think of other cars from that time anyway.
even the lancia deltas can be found easier than a 165. although lots more money.

cosworth rs 500 can be found, find me an st165 other than the one from a dealer in Exeter please.

these things are just as rare as any old Ferrari or lambo or aston martin, im not saying they are in the same league but its just a fact, its ironic how these things are super rare yet not super expensive, anything else this rare would be worth a lot more money, im guessing its the Toyota badge, if the st165 had a lancia badge or a alfa badge or a porshe or bmw badge it would be 20 grand or more to buy. and I bet if it had an Italian badge it would not be in as good a condition as a Toyota product.

what are the sales numbers for these things in the uk and import rates? anyone?

leekycelicy

**BETSY**":225phkcn said:
Officially 440 imported in 1988, a rare beast indeed!
Where about's did you say you are?

Im near plymouth, i can only find one in exeter, they only get crashed or abused and die, in such small numbers they never would have been huge numbers around today.

Mines an import from japan, i wonder how many have survived the orginal import?

**BETSY**

Somebody mentioned 54 on the dvla records?
Is yours metallic grey?
New a owner of a metallic grey JDM 165 around Newton Abbott years ago..

leekycelicy

**BETSY**":p6o8dke7 said:
Somebody mentioned 54 on the dvla records?
Is yours metallic grey?
New a owner of a metallic grey JDM 165 around Newton Abbott years ago..

It was mettalic grey, now its black and that owner was newton abbot, then ermington and now me, 54? I wonder what the percentage of those in a barn, scraping and on the road

**BETSY**

That's mine parked next to yours probably 10+ years ago at Penn Inn roundabout by Newton Abbott
I drove yours when it was running around 10psi if boost from memory?

leekycelicy

**BETSY**":103f8nt5 said:
That's mine parked next to yours probably 10+ years ago at Penn Inn roundabout by Newton Abbott
I drove yours when it was running around 10psi if boost from memory?

Crazy stuff, its a little britain, its in good condition, surface rust underneath but its pretty solid all over, so so many spares with it, engines eveything. viewtopic.php?f=44&t=47888