Desperate!!! Idle rough and stalls out when cold! Help!

Alltracghost

Hey guy I'm honestly desperate!!! Help!
Finally passed smog, and I'm able to drive the car 91 alltrac...
The problem is idle sound like its miss firing...
When cold I have to wait till the car is at normal driving temp or it will stall...
Changed AIC, fixed vacuumed lines, cleaned AFM, O2, cat, plug wires, rotor, distributor, spark plugs timing on point, and still running like crap... By the way no codes showing... Any other ideas?

Alltracghost

It runs ok when warm doesn't stall but the rpsm do get lower when at a stop light and shoot right from about 900 to 1100 or 1200 sometimes...
It's done it for a while about 2 or 3 months now...

1337computing

Sounds almost exactly the same as what I have going on. What did you clean the AFM with? Did you test the AFM to see if it failing? I replaced my throttle body with all sensors it was used but known working, it helped a lot. I almost 100% sure my AFM is on its way out just didn't get a chance to test it again. When I come to a stop my rpm's will drop and then come back up and it will repeat this process for a little before getting steady again. The throttle body helped a lot but still having idle issues and running. Random fuel cut, running rich, rought idle, idle not steady. Like i said AFM could def be the problem.

Alltracghost

Ok code 25 just popped up... Has anyone have experienced this and how did you fix it... I have a clue in the URL filter, pump, injector or O2... Any ideas...

1337computing

Still could be your AFM. I have similiar problems to yours and I just tested mine it was out of spec. It only takes a couple minutes with a multi meter. I'm pretty sure a code 25 is also listed in the manual to check the AFM.

zedxfarin

Remove the Intercooler and locate the coolant neck here

Should look like this bellow. Once you have removed it you will have a chance to inspect the thermostat. If it is suck open this may also be an issue. Assuming the thermostat is working correctly. Inspect the sensors bellow.

You can test them by setting your multi meter to Ohms resistance and placing one lead on the top contact point and the other lead on the part of the sensor that is in contact with the coolant. Once your set up you can apply heat to the sensor eg with hair dryer or matches. You should see a drop in resistance as you apply the heat if the sensor is working correctly these sensors are cheep i would suggest replacing them and/or thermostat before anything els.

Alltracghost

One Puto part stores didn't eve know what I was talking about even after showing them the picture and two Toyota centers are way overpriced...

zedxfarin

Have you removed the sensors yet? They have codes printed on the on the bolt part. Should be easy once you get the codes or you could take the sensors to the Toyota Dealer to show them.

One of the sensors is Toyota Part Number - T88625-20300

Alltracghost

Not yet... I will do that didn't even cross my mind... I was gonna remove them till I got the new ones since I'm still driving the car to school... Thanks ima do that this weekend...

Alltracghost

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382379765.469320.jpg
This harness that connects to the sensors is all beaten up... On one sensor connector the cable is almost cut completely... It's holding on by a wire thread or two... The other sensor has only one wire connected to it... The other wire it's not making contact seems like someone tried to solder it before... Any ideas where I can get this wire harnes or name or part number doesn't have any on it....

Alltracghost

This harness that connects to the sensors is all beaten up... On one sensor connector the cable is almost cut completely... It's holding on by a wire thread or two... The other sensor has only one wire connected to it... The other wire it's not making contact seems like someone tried to solder it before... Any ideas where I can get this wire harnes or name or part number doesn't have any on it....

Alltracghost

ATTACH]

zedxfarin

I knew it looks like you found the problem my friend, I would try and find someone braking the same car for a harness but I am sure you will find one.

All the best from Zedx

Alltracghost

Yeah I really hope this solves my problem I a predicate all your help bro... Thank you...
I will go check Toyota parts store luckily there is one nearby...