Corolla All-Trac Sedan Sighting...?

de_engineered

Heading back from lunch today in sunny Fremont, CA, I saw a ways off in the parking lot a familar looking front grille - that of the All-Trac Corollas.

As the car goes past, I see it's a sedan!

So far as I know, they didn't make those, only the wagon models. I saw enough of the rear badging to see it was a Corolla, the raised license plate lights and tailights telling enough otherwise, didn't catch the left rear though. I figure it probably was just a donor girlle to replace a broken one etc., still just curious though if anyone's seen legit Corolla All-Trac sedans out in the wild.

de_engineered

monkracing29":2xdt40ao said:
If I am correct they only made the sedan for one year 1989

Goes to show I shouldn't trust everything off Wikipedia, least it doesn't always have the full picture. I have seen numerous wagons out and about, first of this kind though. Not that I'm doubting you but curious where you heard about the sedans?

sinerasis

I think there was one on Craigslist here not too long ago... I'll see if it's still up. I don't remember how I found it, but I thought to myself, that's odd and moved along...

Edit: can't find the ad, either gone or I can't find it. I remember it being listed as something weird though, so that could easily be the reason why I can't find it.

de_engineered

Huh:

The four-wheel drive All-trac wagon in Base and SR5 trim levels were sold from 1988 to 1992 and had different bodywork to other Corollas. The Corolla All-trac sedan was sold in very small numbers, shared the same body as the AE92 sedan, with the only visible difference being the tire size

-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Corolla_(E90)#North_America

Something new every day.

de_engineered

Awesome-Trac":1oe80xfv said:
There was one for sale in the Bay Area not to long ago

There's a block on Craigslist at work (and my other haunt, i-Club, but not here, go figure), otherwise I'd be using SearchTempest all the time to scout out parts and cars :)

pinky

I have a 89 corolla alltrac sedan looks and runs pretty good too and the alltrac still works has 225k miles on it