ATA to Wta

819_ay

Hey, I was wondering what would be involved to change the ATA intercooler to the wta... I have the rad, pump, lines, intercooler and overflow tank... That I got of an rc and would like to install in my st185...my big question is where do I get power for the pump... I currently have a fmic but I'm thinking the wta would be better with less lag and all...

Thanks for the help in advance

underscore

The RC setup is tied to the throttle position but you can just hook up a relay to power it, with the relay being triggered by the ignition.

819_ay

underscore":1bhajhr3 said:
The RC setup is tied to the throttle position but you can just hook up a relay to power it, with the relay being triggered by the ignition.

being triggered by the ignition do you mean when i turn the car on the pump turns on as well??if so how would i do that?

thanks again

819_ay

ok..so would i be able to tape into the wires going to the fan(which is always on)??i need some guidance here. is there any down sides of replacing a fmic for a WTA...other then i have to drain the fluid everytime i need to work under the IC

sorry i'm really a dumbass when it comes to stuff like this, i have a hard time figuring these things out on my own, especially if electricity is involved, i would rather do it right once then do it wrong 5 times ...i'm very able to do the work when i know what to do lol,

thanks again

underscore

Your fan shouldn't always be on, if it is then your temp switch in the rad is disconnected/broken. A short time ago someone was asking about how to hook up a DRL module, if you find that thread (I believe I posted in it so skim through my posts from the last little bit and you should find it) you'll basically want to follow that same setup for wiring except run the relay to the WTA pump instead of the DRL module. If you still have questions just ask, I should have some time this weekend to write up a better explanation if you still need a hand :)