relocating fan for fmic

msanders2

What are some good fans and sizes to put a slim pusher fan on the front of the radiator so I can run fmic pipes? Are the eBay fans anygood or just go with spal? Also what size fan are yall running?

celica_gtx

I've been thinking the same but I'm gunna run a heat exchanger for a water to air set up..but w relocating them u still have to run the piping unless u clock the turbo ull have more room

underscore

I've got a single 12" Mishimoto puller that seems to work great, so a couple of decent 12" slim fans should do the trick. I wouldn't bother with Spal, last I checked they were very expensive.

celica_gtx

Did u guus hard wire em or are they kicking on when the need too? I was gunna put on a bar n plate heat exchanger that looks like a FMIC to preserve the look yet have maximum cooling efficienty but yet not trying to impede the cooling of everything else

killemalltrac

celica_gtx":1t8dnns7 said:
Did u guus hard wire em or are they kicking on when the need too? I was gunna put on a bar n plate heat exchanger that looks like a FMIC to preserve the look yet have maximum cooling efficienty but yet not trying to impede the cooling of everything else

Mine are hard wired and constant running.

phattyduck

Mine uses the factory system for fan control during normal driving. I also have a switch inside the car that allows me to turn them on any time I want (say, idling in traffic, waiting in line for drag racing, or turbo-timer cool-down time). You just put a switch in line with either the AC high-pressure switch or the water temp switch and run the wires inside.

-Charlie