Stock ST185 on dynojet

BADNEWS

Does anyone have a photo or even better a dynojet run file from a stock ST185 being dynoed on a dynojet. Or even a close to stock ST185?

BADNEWS

I'm even willing to throw some money at someone who owns a 100% stock well running Alltrac to go and dyno it for fun.

spitfiremk16

Been trying to get my friend to dyno her alltrac for a while now. Only mod is a 3 inch ebay downpipe. Car is otherwise stock and has a low mileage jdm gen 2 engine with stock turbo that i went over/freshened up. Ill keep trying to work on her. Problem is both of the awd dynos in my area that i know of are mustang dynos.

spitfiremk16

Im in montville ct. Was just looking around. The only awd dynos i can find in the states of ri, ct and mass are mustang dynos. There is no way a stock alltrac dynos at 180 whp. Mr2 turbos in good condition with a stock gen 2 3sgte make around 160 whp and torque stock. An alltrac is going to make even less. Around 140 whp and torque if i had to make i guess but its just that. A guess. Im going to talk to her again about dynoing it.

spitfiremk16

Heres a few stock dynos from the mr2oc.com forums records database. The last one is a dyno ats did comparing a stock ct26 making 152 whp on stock boost to a ct27 making 186 whp on stock boost. Overall the guys on there agree that a healthy bone stock gen 2 3sgte with a stock ct26 turbo on stock boost will make aorund 160 whp and torque.

spitfiremk16

Pruven is about an hour from me. Maybe a bit more. Im talking to her about it right now. Ill keep you guys informed. I always thought that an alltrac would dyno lower then an mr2 myself due to higher drivetrain loss from the awd drivetrain. Im still guessing around 140 whp myself.

BADNEWS

Well they say 15% for 2wd and 20% for AWD. So 5% of 200 is only 10 more horse that is robbed over an MR-2 in theory.

And if she does do it make sure you put brand new spark plugs in right before the dyno pulls. Like change them in the parking lot of Pruven before you put the car on the dyno. Also have a bag of ice on the Intercooler while they strap the car down. Then switch to a fresh bag of ice for the 3 pulls. Are the Cap, Rotor and plug wires all in good condition?

Also bring a flash drive to get the run files from them!!!! I want that more than a picture.

spitfiremk16

Will do badnew5. Im planning on rechecking timing as well and everything i can think of that would hurt performance. Ill make sure to put some new plugs in before the dyno pull. Wires, cap and rotor are new oem toyota and have less then 2,000 miles on them. Car runs very well and pulls hard. Hits full boost no problem. You wont find a healthier bone stock st185. Its getting colder out here lately. Ill try to make sure we dyno on a cold day and see if we can make it so the car is getting fed some 40 degree or below outside air. Ill bring a usb drive and get a copy of the run file.

gt4tified

I did, a few years ago....my JDM GT4 then had a stock gen2 engine. I dyno'd on a dynojet on awd mode and made 189whp/201ftlb. This was on 12psi, ct26 turbo on 92 pump gas, 3" exhaust and a cracked dizzy cap.

BADNEWS

Do you have the Run File? Or is the place you dynoed at still in business so you can have them emial you the run files of your runs please. I would really like to have them!

gt4tified

I may have a scan of the plot somewhere on an old hard drive, and I don't have time to visit the dyno shop so don't hold your breath. Lol