Bebop's celica

bebop

Alright so I have a 95 Celica GT. It's a great car, spent most of its life in New York so I've had to deal with all the repercussions of that since I bought it from the original owner in January of this year, it had 175k miles and some change on it.

I had it for almost 2 months and then I ran into my first problem.. I kept blowing the AM2 fuse in late February, it took my almost 2 months between work, school, and a used wiring harness 15$, short ram intake 25$, and 2 ignitors 85$ later I finally found out that it was just a distributor problem, what had happened was there was a crack in the ignition coil inside the dizzy. I went and bought a new one from NAPA but turned out that, that one was defective so I went to my local junk yard and bought the dizzy out of a Celica I've been buying parts off of there for 50$. The only problem is that the wiring connector on the right side that faces toward the firewall. So this month I tried a new website I was kind of curious about, 1aauto.com. I bought a dizzy from them for a fairly decent price. And installed and the car hasn't run better. Now I have another problem, I can't pass my state inspection I failed the license plate light test, gas cap test, and emissions but I only failed the NOx high speed test 1084/984 scored over by just a 100 points.. but did good on everything else. Come to find out my cat under the car is rusted to **** and now I have to buy another one and figure out how to get this one off..

Before I even took it go get inspected, about a week ago now I took my car to my local NTB for a full synthetic oil change and they throw in a free tire rotation with it and whatnot. Well my girlfriend picked up the car from there and told me it was shaking a lot.. Come to find out after I drove it they didn't torque any of my lug nuts down only 8/20 were tight enough I couldn't take them off by hand. I was ****ing pissed to say the least. I don't know the extent of the damage yet but I will here soon. To try and make up for it NTB is giving me two free synthetic oil changes 85$ a piece and they are going to machine these rotators I bought from that Celica at the junk year they have some surface rust on them and they're going to install them and the calipers I got with the rotators the only thing that I have to buy is new brake pads for them. So, we'll see how all that goes.

As for upgrades that I have on the car.
Specter short ram intake
Sony Head Unit(multi-color display)
Dual coil 12" Kenwood subwoofer
Kenwood 6 1/2" speaker in the rear and in the doors
removed that fake wood trim on all the interior pieces
took the wind guard in front of the sun roof off
NGK plug wires and spark plugs
custom exhaust manifold
1000w Alpine amp

As for planned upgrades/projects.
I want to redo all the gaskets and clean up the motor a bit, make it look prettier, new emblems and badges on the motor and whatnot
Replace catalytic converter so I can pass inspection
Paint or buy new rims and tires, tires are a must either way.
Shock/strut upgrades
new tie rod ends eventually
touch paint on the body or repaint it entirely
install LED kit from Spree
redo all the lights already in the car from the factory in LEDs
interior LED lights to give a great accent to the interior
buy some better seat covers or some new seats out of a 7th gen.
find and install 7th gen steering wheel
find some gnarly looking gauges
new shifter boot and shifter knob
new interior trim pieces

After most of this is done the motor will most likely be on it's last legs and I'm going to be conquring the "fabled" 3G-STE swap.

Here are the pictures as of now.

Current mileage

What the motor looks like as of now.

Custom exhaust manifold

Intake

My sub and capacitor

FC Zach

Welcome! I absolutely loved my 6th Gen, had it for 10 years and said I would drive it till the wheels fell off (had over 250,000 miles on it before selling) but I was in a very tight spot and had to sell it. . . something I regret at times but I got another Celica and it just so happened to work out that I found one I've always wanted.

Pic of my 6th Gen, the only digital pic I can find :(

Attachments

• Celica & 636.jpg
    Celica & 636.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 2,102

bebop

I'd say you got the right one an alltrac, I jelly. I'm in the market looking to do the gt-4 front clip and red top beams motor for mine, but that's the plan. We'll see how that all plays out with getting my wife a new car in January. Hopefully it'll happen :)

MWP

The 5S-FE's in 6th gens are pretty good engines for what they are.

You might be disappointed with the redtop BEAMS 3S after going to all the effort required to fit it.
They are better than the 5S-FE, but not by a huge amount.

Bang for buck & effort, you would be better off putting a 3SGTE (gen3 or gen4) into it.

bebop

Yeah but I don't know really anything about tuning a turbo set up, I know how to wire it all up and get it all to fit nice and neat like and that's about it.

MWP

Only one way to learn...

A gen4 3SGTE will bolt in (wiring, etc included) with maybe 5% more effort/time required than a Redtop BEAMS.
(gen4 will bolt in far easier than a gen3).

There is no tuning to do with the stock gen4 3SGTE, just as there isnt with the Redtop BEAMS.

underscore

If you want to do a 6g GTFour front end and a motor swap, just get a 6g GTFour halfcut and kill two birds with one stone.

quieter

theres a couple of st205 half clips in JDM shops in montreal. most JDM engines in north America comes from Montreal Canada. pm me when your serious about buying a clip, i can go check it for you and take more pictures