Building a wire harness?

Eurus

Sorry if this is more chassis wiring area.

However, I have a predicament, and corresponding question, that Im sure will be an issue with more than just myself. How does one go about building a fresh wire harness?

I ask this because, a few months back I had to replace a plug to my fuse box that had exposed wires; while soldering in the new homemade plug I noticed the engine harness is getting pretty old and ratty. While trying to cut the old plug out the wire was falling apart on me.

I know its a huge undertaking, but I would like to sit down and build a fresh wire harness, but I don't know how or where to get the plugs for everything. I would prefer not to reuse old ones, and don't care to make all new fuse boxes, and replace other plugs, just to accommodate.

Any recommendations? If I can find the connectors easily enough Ill just make up a harness board for possible future use.

Thanks for the help.

994583_10200515031943542_1635585980_n.jpg

10922391735_5119b15bff.jpg

Eurus

soarinhigh":23joul0h said:
I know that tweak'd performance carries almost all Toyota plugs. I am not sure about their pricing for just individual pieces.
I saw this, and have them saved. i noticed also that DIYautotune has the ECU plug.

I need to find extra engine bay harnesses, so I dont have to pull mine yet. Anyone have any?

killemalltrac

I have a couple harnesses. One is the 205 main engine loom I believe and one is the front loom for lights and IC pump and what not.