Ryan's 90:

trd-at

So i figured it would be best for me to start my own project thread. I have had the car since i was 17, now 26. What began as my hobby has turned in to my career and passion. Just like all of us car guys there is just something great about building a car, your car, with your own hands. So, here are some pictures of what ive done recently, i will continue to post pics the further i go.

Here are the most recent pics of my intercooler tank and oddyssey PC680 install. Also pictures of the charger connection for the battery since the vehicle is not driven that often

IMG_2621.jpg

IMG_2620.jpg

IMG_2617.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg

DSCN1525.jpg

here are some pics of some parts that I powder coated at work. Looks much cleaner. did the intercooler, BOV pipe, many support braces around the engine bay, intake pipe, cooland reservoir, catch can, intake to the right of the filter for the duct hose i have routed to a NACA duct in the front bumper, and radiator brackets, think that's it.

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0507-1.jpg

WarTowels

I would take a precaution to put something between the battery and the brace. If those terminals move just a hair you could ground that out and have an unpleasant surprise.

Otherwise, looks cool!

-Towels

trd-at

thanks for the heads up but the battery is very stable and is further away than it looks. I would like to try to find something to go over those terminals if possible

Toyota_Todd

Is that a 3sge intake manifold I spy? What throttle body are you running? Looks very clean, got any estimates on what kind of power you are putting down? Keep it up, its a beautiful car!!!

trd-at

Sure is, I have done a whole write up in the power and performance section on using the 3sge manifold and what i had to do to make it work. The throttle body is a factory 185. I had to make an adapter plate between the throttle body and manifold which is also shown in the write up. Currently i am running a jdm engine with JDM ECU and MAP ECU piggy back. Which honestly i am not impressed with. It does work but there is not a whole lot of adjustibility with it which im not too fond of. Here is a link to the 3sge write up:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37031

Have any questions please ask, thanks. Also, If anyone wants a 3sge manifold I can get ahold of one pretty quickly, let me know

MWP

Im asking because i cant see the factory ECU handling the ice cooled intake air too well.
I hope youve got a wideband O2, so you can watch for it leaning out.

trd-at

yeah i really dont know the answer to that but with MAP ECU i use a IAT sensor in the plenum which will work just fine. And yes i do have a wideband for the car. We use the FAST AFR and Innovate's AFR here at the shop.

Celicatuner92

Nice looking project. Just curious though how often would you say battery dies without the charger. Is it over night or would it take a couple days? Just curious I've been thinking about switching to an odyssey battery.

trd-at

I have never had my battery die at all, but I also have it on a charger all the time. The PC680 has a lower reserve capacity which is the amount of time in minutes a fully charged battery can sustain a 25 amp draw @ 80' and remain at a voltage above 10.5v. If you have a high current draw on your system then this battery would not be the one for you. A general spec that we go by is KOEO .050A or 50 milliamps. However, this is avtually much higher than most batteries on the market can handle. So to figure the actual allowable current draw for you vehicle you will need to multiply the reserve capacity by .025, ex.- RC-120 X .025= 30. So that would be 30 milliamps. Also, if you are running a big stero system that draws a lot of current a different battery from odssey would work better. The charger is just for longevity, since i am not driving the vehicle all the time the charger sustains voltage at about 13.8v at .01A charge. This just maintains the float voltage for battery health. For a daily driver a charger should not be needed but would be suggested by odssey.

fussellbug

I don't see a power steering reservoir in your pictures. Did you modify the rack to delete power steering or is the reservoir hidden where it's not obvious?