Dyno tune?

chevyok06

Thinking of taking my St165 in for a dyno tune but don't know to much about the process or tune ability of this car. I have a 2nd Gen block with all third everything else. With a slightly larger turbo external waste gate and Mcb and 3 bar map 3rd Gen ecu . What could I expect from the car. What is the tuning process and what could I likely see out of her? I will take any information you have since I'm new to the tunning scene and would like to know a little when I go in to the shop. Tia

GT4_DRED

chevyok06":2xjf9gyv said:
Thinking of taking my St165 in for a dyno tune but don't know to much about the process or tune ability of this car. I have a 2nd Gen block with all third everything else. With a slightly larger turbo external waste gate and Mcb and 3 bar map 3rd Gen ecu . What could I expect from the car. What is the tuning process and what could I likely see out of her? I will take any information you have since I'm new to the tuning scene and would like to know a little when I go in to the shop. Tia

Without some type of tunable standalone ecu or piggyback ecu, there isn't much that can be done. You may be able to more safely set a max boost level by monitoring via the dyno/datalog, or simply get a baseline on the car. The dyno itself is simply a tool that simulates driving the car on the road.