how to run leaner?

camry90

is there a way to adjust the AFM so your car runs a bit leaner? my car is getting 320km max with a full tank and i'm not gunning it like crazy.
i have a Innovate LM-2 and i want to know how can i adjust the air fuel mixture without a piggy back or standalone just yet...

Gary ST165

# adjustable fuel pressure regulator: > reduce base fuel pressure, monitoring with wideband etc

# and / or tension the AFM spring 2 clicks tighter ( it will also run a fraction leaner @ idle)

# and finally, the narrow band O2 sensor as used in closed loop / cruise might be bad

(on my last refill the RC delivered 340 miles / 547km to a tankful > brimming to orange fuel light)

ct27gt

camry90":3b1gtxje said:
is there a way to adjust the AFM so your car runs a bit leaner? my car is getting 320km max with a full tank and i'm not gunning it like crazy.
i have a Innovate LM-2 and i want to know how can i adjust the air fuel mixture without a piggy back or standalone just yet...

While I agree with Gary above, I personally believe you'd just be masking another problem. Try replacing the O2. You should be getting way more miles than slightly less than 200.

___Scott___

Adjustments you make to the AFM will eventually only apply to open-loop mode. I say eventually because the ECU learns over time, based on feedback from the O2 sensor. So you can tighten the spring in the AFM and notice a difference, but that difference will gradually go away.

In order to effectively fool the ECU, you need to intercept the O2 signal and modify it. Then you can run leaner during closed-loop mode where most of your driving happens anyway.

camry90

YES I KNOW, HOLY THREAD RESURECTION....
i've discovered a break in the O2 sensor wire near the intake plenum. now that my pig rich problem could be resolved, my Innovate LM-2 has died.....
i didn't drive the car for 3 years now since i blew my motor 3 years ago...

underscore

Yeah I thought I was running rich, then my O2 wire broke. Now I'm down near wankel engine fuel economy!

klue

ct27gt":3uj1rgp7 said:
While I agree with Gary above, I personally believe you'd just be masking another problem. Try replacing the O2. You should be getting way more miles than slightly less than 200.

freddie

My questions is are all 02 sensors the same?

Like if I buy a universal type off ebay does it do the same job or should I look for a better one? OEM or high quality after market type?

On my car the wire to the O2 (top one) is frayed and about to break any time and the one in the bottom of the exhaust downpipe- the previous owner disconnected it. When I plug it in the engine idle become rough

Cheers
Freddo