ST205 swapped ST165

crxgames

My shop, Endurance Motorsports ( http://www.facebook.com/EnduranceMotorsports ), just finished this ST205 swap into a customer's car. I thought you guys might be interested in some pictures. If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them as well.

1069188_605992209439196_2128187345_n.jpg

1377292_615771948461222_515109164_n.jpg

1456609_630917306946686_196032491_n.jpg

1385914_630916526946764_294655505_n.jpg

phattyduck

soarinhigh":2garun47 said:
I thought all post 96 ST205s were OBD2. Mine is a 98..
OBD-II was only required in the US at first, so small volume specialty cars in other countries often didn't change over... Is your '98 OBD-II? Even if it has the port, it probably doesn't meet the OBD-II communications spec (with also happened on a lot of non-US cars).

-Charlie

crxgames

phattyduck":3k53yih6 said:
soarinhigh":3k53yih6 said:
I thought all post 96 ST205s were OBD2. Mine is a 98..
OBD-II was only required in the US at first, so small volume specialty cars in other countries often didn't change over... Is your '98 OBD-II? Even if it has the port, it probably doesn't meet the OBD-II communications spec (with also happened on a lot of non-US cars).

-Charlie
You are correct. No ODBII

crxgames

soarinhigh":laksb9zj said:
I'm curious if you guys left a diagnostic port in there? And if you did is it OBD2 and scannable?

The line needed to be grounded is in the harness. It was a tweak harness we had to make a few changes to.

killemalltrac

crxgames":2f8jn0i8 said:
soarinhigh":2f8jn0i8 said:
I'm curious if you guys left a diagnostic port in there? And if you did is it OBD2 and scannable?

The line needed to be grounded is in the harness. It was a tweak harness we had to make a few changes to.

This is exactly what I am trying to figure out. Mine is a Tweak harness also. They didnt put in the connections for the IC level sensor or the diagnostics and being as bad at wiring as I am, it has me confused on how I should tackle the issues...

crxgames

soarinhigh":1q9x2l7b said:
crxgames":1q9x2l7b said:
soarinhigh":1q9x2l7b said:

This is exactly what I am trying to figure out. Mine is a Tweak harness also. They didnt put in the connections for the IC level sensor or the diagnostics and being as bad at wiring as I am, it has me confused on how I should tackle the issues...

That is the same problem we had. Do you want me to get you the pin to ground for diagnostics?

Our customer didnt' want to pay to fix the CEL that was there for the IC level sensor, but it didnt cause any issues outside of a check engine light staying on. I do not believe the pins from the ECU for it are even wired in.

killemalltrac

crxgames":1crl03za said:
That is the same problem we had. Do you want me to get you the pin to ground for diagnostics?

Our customer didnt' want to pay to fix the CEL that was there for the IC level sensor, but it didnt cause any issues outside of a check engine light staying on. I do not believe the pins from the ECU for it are even wired in.

That would be awesome! I am pretty sure mine is for the IC level sensor as well. But I would like to clear all the codes so I can take advantage of a CEL. I really don't understand why they wouldn't put that stuff in the harness when we pay so much for them...? Also, I have been unsuccessful getting ahold of anyone at Tweak'd for almost 2 weeks now.