Japspeed exhaust

2_Liter_Turbo

Because you can tell that it is made from low quality (typically 400 series) stainless steel that they "polish" and clear coat to be all shiny (to cover up the signs of a low quality SS). It will have poor welds and poor craftsmanship, and most likely wont fit very well, but just well enough to not get a multitude of complaints from kids who don't know any better. Just trying to help you out. I could care less otherwise, lol.

Edit: Also the price and company name are dead giveaways, as with the description's selling points.

freddie

I have a exhaust system like that sitting in my garage and it is identical to the one shown in the ad.

The welding & fixing brackets are identical. The cannon muffler has a brand name pressed into the metal "imotoria"
The muffler outlet is 4.5"
All the weld are very good, they are there to see - not ground off.
Yes the SS has been buffed but there is no clear coat over it.
The SS is of good quality. how can I tell? Put a magnet over the SS. if it won't stick it has a high amount of Nickel and cadmium in it. You will note the magnet will stick to the flanges though.
type 304 SS is one of the most common grades used in such items as sinks, kitchenware, marine, mouldings etc

I believe my exhaust catback system, DP and Tubular manifold are definitely not crap.

2_Liter_Turbo

Motoria is another Chinese made cheapo exhaust. Not saying they don't work, just saying its of lower over all quality. Kind of like my Berk downpipe, lol. To each to his own. Let me know how it looks in a few years. My 10 year old Apexi exhaust still looks awesome. Every Chinese made exhaust product I've had looks like crap in a year or two. And just because it says 304, doesn't mean its a high quality specification... Take a picture of the inside of the pipe when new, and you can see the quality of material used.

2_Liter_Turbo

Blitz and HKS do, but they are fairly expensive these days (I have the HKS and love it). Also, I'm sure Trakforged here in Oregon can make you a nice setup as well for a little cheaper than the other two. PM them about it. They have access to many ST185 alltracs (including mine) to make a jig off of if they haven't already when they were making the mid-pipe they sold at the end of last year (which I also have and I can say it's a great product as well).

underscore

I would just go custom, I got a full downpipe back system made for a lot less than just an HKS axleback. It's not stainless, but it's under the car so I don't really care.

gt4ferko

i was just on the Japspeed website as i was considering the same exhaust... they seem to make fairly good quality products... and the exhaust isnt all that cheap... total would be almost $700 and the comments on their site from customers say the fitment and quality was great... i feel the only reason anyone is "knocking" this exhaust is because it was found for sale on ebay.

toayoztan

The Motoria aka imotoria aka SSAC exhaust is actually surprising good. If people know how to adjust it properly, there is no fitment issues in the rear over the axle but it does require you drop the crossmember slightly or hammer out a small section of the lip of the crossmember to clear the midpipe.

There are tons of reviews on this forum about the imotoria.

I've had the exhaust since it first came out (more than 2 years ago), has not crapped out.

I could care less if people buy this exhaust or not, but I like for people to be a little more informed!

Bryan

carfunatic

i have the Japspeed full exhaust on my ST205, fitment was Good, exhaust tone is GREAT, and still in GREAT shape. ive had it on the car for over a year now... going on 2, on Okinawa.... and EVERYTHING rusts here.... exhaust still has not one spec of rust anywhere. all the welds were good and visible. the only problem i had with it was the holes on the flange were slightly off, so a little bit of file work was needed but not much. everything else was perfect with it. BUT i also didnt get it from Ebay, i got it directly from Japspeed. i had no problem with the price of the exhaust it self.... the shipping to Japan was the pricey part. cost me $900 total to get it, but i had no choice. Okinawa has ZERO mandrel benders on island, pretty much anyone that makes exhausts welds small pieces together to make any kind of bend... so yeah not going that route and had to have a new exhaust to pass JCI inspection (basically like a state inspection in the US). they also had great customer service, i called them a couple time during my ordering process, even talked to them about sponsoring my car, as i was competing in Gymkhana events on island.... they sent me a hoodie and driving gloves just because... and wanted pics of the car and info so we could continue talking. i say get it straight from Japspeed if it is really what you want.

brutekiller787

i also have this exhaust on my st165. it was my first upgrade when i got the car 2 years ago and it still looks brand new. sounds amazing, though i have the dual tip version (keep searching ebay), and there is no rust on it anywhere. fitment was good, but i eventually added a different turbo kit, which forced me to cut off the front flange connecting to the downpipe.

just because something that some people pay 1200-1300+ dollars costs half that, doesn't mean the quality is half of the original.

Spectra1

OutToWinPAHC":1kilmgvo said:
US market.... Godspeed and ISIS, UK Japspeed, same cheap crap

If you even bothered reading through the posts you would see that what people were trying to say is that in this specific situation it is not "cheap crap" and assuming it is without experience is not really productive or helpful. By all means if you have experience with this specific exhaust that would support your opinion please post it up if not try to be a little more objective.

OutToWinPAHC

Spectra1":1xxqo0cj said:
OutToWinPAHC":1xxqo0cj said:
US market.... Godspeed and ISIS, UK Japspeed, same cheap crap

If you even bothered reading through the posts you would see that what people were trying to say is that in this specific situation it is not "cheap crap" and assuming it is without experience is not really productive or helpful. By all means if you have experience with this specific exhaust that would support your opinion please post it up if not try to be a little more objective.

Actually yeah I have a Japspeed radiator in my skyline.... Came in a windflower China LTD box which is the same company who makes godspeed crap. And the fan shroud fit the radiator but would not fit the car because of PS line location, great R&D.

psipwrd

Back from the dead!

I was able to get a Japspeed exhaust from one of the guys from GT4OC. The seller said it was new, test fitted, and cut/welded to fit better, and removed. The quality is easily comparable or better than the last Megan exhaust I bought, but with better flanges than the Megan. Not sure what most think of Megan but the polished stainless kept a slight gold tint after being heated, which is how the Japspeed looks.

Pics to come soon...