vented rally wheels from the 80's st165

bobtherider123

ok so i am working on building a rally car replica. the car im trying to duplicate looks like this.

2vaywyt.jpg

so my question is where can i find the louvers for the wheels or is there a how to on making them? i tried searching and surprisingly no one has asked. here is a pic of my car when i picked it up a few months ago.

2v3k7ro.jpg

and a picture of how she sits now.

16k1jci.jpg

i will be remaking the rear mudflaps since i dont like how they came out.

bobtherider123

i looked all over the web, i can find replica wheels the thing i cant find are these vents that are mounted to the wheels themselves.

warracer

Ronal makes a model called the R50, very popular here with the euro guys

GroteFoto-TFXEQKLH.jpg

But there's also the old school BMW wheels which were 4pieces wheels, extremely rare and expensive for a complete set.
I can't remember the exact name of these wheels , ill try to ask a friend who knows bmw more than I do...

bmt

Oz Rally wheels will look good.

Oz wheels.jpg

BBS did a wheel for Audi but I doubt whether you will find any!!!

BBS wheel.jpg

The wheel vents are in fact pretty rudimentary, pop rivets are involved!!

wheelfin-02.jpg

This is obviously the back side that goes against your wheel.

st185_cs

Compomotive makes replicas from all classic rallying OZ discontinued models. The HT series are the same that the TTE 165 had. They make wheels at your request. Those are racing wheels, not the average chinese audi replica.

TH1455.jpg

For the ventolinis its really hard to find a original set, but there are many replicas built in carbon fiber or other composites

producto58_1.JPG

ktulu

st185_cs":2f8yu1wd said:
For the ventolinis its really hard to find a original set, but there are many replicas built in carbon fiber or other composites

producto58_1.JPG

Any idea where I could find those?

ktulu

Any of you guys run 17x8 wheels on your st165? That's the smallest compmotive offers the TH1455's in.