will this clutch work?

polm

Do yourself a favor and don't buy that crap, you won't have to do the job again in 10k kms. Buy a quality clutch like a clutchmasters (not eclutchmasters lol), act, exedy, centerforce, etc. and do it once the right way. I've been there too.

Awesome-Trac

polm":3n7rkmlx said:
Do yourself a favor and don't buy that crap, you won't have to do the job again in 10k kms. Buy a quality clutch like a clutchmasters (not eclutchmasters lol), act, exedy, centerforce, etc. and do it once the right way. I've been there too.

It wasn't the clutch that took a shit it was the trans

Sifu

polm":cqqamdy7 said:
I would have to agree from experience (even had a spring pad ACT fail). It may have been the trans crapping out but I would seriously consider buying something else unless you want to fix your trans and clutch only to do it again as the springs broke off or what not.
Clutches and pressure plates aren't too $$$. I really think you would be better off with something more proven.
ACT, Clutchmasters and Competition Clutches seem to have better ratings than others.

Awesome-Trac

Thank for the insight on the clutch kit, I guess I was rushing it but should have done some research before wasting a new post which I recently did so I'm most like going with EXEDY again seeing how I haven't had a problem with them but will be replacing the cheap throwout bearing with a new Toyota one

Sifu

Always buy the Toyota OEM TO bearing, even if they provide one. It goes back to 'if you feel like redoing the work or doing it right the first damn time'. Trust me from experience. The last thing you will want to do (or pay) is to do it all over again.