no interior dash illumination

93cc

This issue started with the illumination coming and going... usually it wont work until I had been driving for a few minutes and then it would stay on, but now it doesnt work at all.

Here is what works and what doesnt:
Nothing on the dash, cigarette lighter, heat or fan control dials, lights on the doors and glove box...
Map and dome lights work, lights for the different buttons for where the air blows and all exterior lights work.

oh and I have made sure the dimmer switch is turn on and fuses look ok ;)

anyone seen this issue before?

93cc

actually I forgot to say that the only exterior lights that dont work are the fogs, but I havent checked the bulbs yet but I think they are on the same circuit as all of the other none working stuff

Eurus

Had something similar when I bought mine, but my tail/ brake lights wouldn't work either. Ended up being 2 burnt connectors to the main relay box arcing.

Its easy to pull the box, but like I said, my tails would go out at the same time.
Would also smell burning after a few minutes of driving, but that was my relay box melting.

Good luck.

93cc

Eurus":1igdca4j said:
Had something similar when I bought mine, but my tail/ brake lights wouldn't work either. Ended up being 2 burnt connectors to the main relay box arcing.

Its easy to pull the box, but like I said, my tails would go out at the same time.
Would also smell burning after a few minutes of driving, but that was my relay box melting.

Good luck.

well now I have no running lights, brake lights dont work and even the licence plate light is out (need to check and make sure its not the bulb)

The wierd thing is the rear running lights work when I turn on the hazard lights or arm the car alarm and backup lights work

what relay box are you talking about

Eurus

93cc":dhb2nali said:
What relay box are you talking about

Not sure if its in the same place as mine was but, the one hanging of the battery that has the headlight relay in it.

*stole this image from a user on this site*
14xa9.jpg

My issue (underside)
11977102994_00e6650e68.jpg

Wire #1 that caused the issue
11977121684_b451f9bc40.jpg

Mind you my issue was probably an extreme case, but the idea is probably the same; you most likely have a short somewhere, hopefully its easy to find like mine, at the connectors.