Pricey spherical bushing alternative?

warracer

Hi,

Im currently doing a complete rear suspension overhaul, all new poly bushings, diff kit from Xiimotor, new OEM bolt and nuts etc.

Price-wise it ain't that bad , up until one point, my local Toyota dealer quoted me 97$ for EACH spherical bushing (we need 4) so thats 400$ for 4 small bushing, this is ridiculous, I mean common! I looked on the internet and prices range from 39$ up to 55$ still, this is expensive as hell... (considering what the part is)

So here's what I found:
http://www.amazon.com/Febest-Toyota-Bus ... tag=01u-20

13$ for the spherical bushings, seems pretty good to me, If they last only 2 year, so what at this price I can get 8 of these for the price of 1 at the dealer...

So what are your thought? :)

88gt4DE

Interesting ... I was wondering this too. I work at toyota and even my price they are expensive ... hell its worth a shot right ?

MWP

If you do buy one of these, buy an extra and cut it down the middle and take photos :)
Itll be fairly easy to tell its quality when you do.

5gencelica

I wish i would have bought an extra one ....Heres a pic from it,the outer metal sleeve is a little longer but the overall size are the same but they look to be harder to install/centered... Whitout extra one i cant tell how it is inside + if the inner sleeve is bigger in middle like oem but they are different 4sure, let me know what y guys think...
It may be a good compromise between the poly bushing and the oem spherical

they look quality all wrap + they are made in china for febest GmbH (sticker on the box)

warracer

Well, I installed those july 12th si its been 3months and so far so good, car feels awesome. Smoother and much more predictable.

Whats funny though is that the owner in Japan made or had intalled Nylon replacement for the sphericals... I've been driving like this for a year,,, :twisted:

Best 50$ invested so far 8)

warracer

Follow up,

Bushing are still stiff and in perfect working condition.
Even if they went through alot with this year winter!

:D

warracer

They're perfect, I thought potholes would destroy them but nope, they're doing just fine, I also visually inspected them and no crack in either the cage or the rubber material. best 28$ spent on this car period.

ALLensTRAC

Did you get a picture of them before installing? I'm curious if they are an actual spherical bearing or if it's just a bushing with dust seals to hide the fact it's rubber or poly. I looked at the pic in the ad but it doesn't show a good angle to tell and they don't list it as a bearing.

warracer

yep it is a bushing and not a bearing like the OEM, but they are still much better alternative then solid nylon or poly imo.

bobtherider123

I just installed these today. Best $55 ive spent. I replaced all 4 in just under an hour. It was really easy once I got the first one done. I just heated the spindle around the bushing with an oxy acetylene torch and then hit the bushing with a hammer. Once I seen it move I hammered it the rest of the way out with a socket. Then used the hammer and socket to hammer the new one in. I did use a little grease to help with install.