Made my own android car alarm/remote starter!!! Check it out

celica_3sgte

Hey everybody.
Thought I would share my ongoing project with you guys. I'm making a remote starter/alarm similar to the viper smartstart with some other cool features not yet ready to be exposed. Please check it out and let me know what you think so far. www.facebook.com/tnzalarm

MWP

Interesting.

So what is being used in the car?
Something microcontroller based, or mini-PC?
Is control via SMS or IP?

celica_3sgte

Microcontroller based with sms at the moment. This is just the tip of the iceberg. I got a few other tricks up my sleeve that will wow you.

deepsky

Keep us informed. Any way to add rfid so the car will unlock when you approach, so you don't have to fumble for keys or a remote? I've got it on my Infinity, it's great.

Landon

I wanna know more about this thing. What system do you need on your car to make it work? assuming it can be used with other cars besides the alltrac..

TRDTurko

that's really cool. I was thinking of getting smartstart for my mazda 3 so I can start it from inside my work (huge factory). The winter's up here in Winnipeg are brutal!

celica_3sgte

I have the hardware to go along with the app. It basically with attach to most remote starter out there. If u can get a basic remote starter to work on your car, my system will work. Keep tracking the page by liking it, and I will share more details every now and then. I'm very busy at the moment with a new job.