Sandblast Rally 3.1.14 - Rally Racing in S.C.

dirty

Sandblast Rally 3.1.14 - Rally Racing in S.C. and it needs your help!

NASA-Rally-Sport-Logo-Small-500x153.png

Sandblast Rally is back again on March 1st, 2014. There are already over 45 cars and another 35 bikes signed up and it needs your help running the event. You don't need any experience or special equipment to volunteer and by doing so you will get some of the best spots to spectate, a chance to party and hang with the drivers at the awards banquet and more than likely get you some free stuff. For more info on volunteering you can visit here: Volunteering | NASA Rally Sport and to sign up to volunteer go here: http://www.nasarallysport.com/nrsdb (you will have to log in/ sign up).

If you can't volunteer you can still come and check out a full day of Rally Racing in the woods of South Carolina. Spectating is free and all the stages are within a short drive of Cheraw, SC. All special stage are on Saturday with a short shakedown stage on friday evening followed by a parc expose. Saturday will have a full day of stages (that include night stages) and you will get several opportunities to check out the cars and talk to the drivers throughout the day at service. The event website with the schedule, entry list and directions is at: SandBlast Rally - Cheraw, South Carolina

NASA-Rally-Sport-Logo-Small-500x153.png

dirty

Five more days until cars go hot on stage! It looks like there will be a lot of water crossings this year, which always results in some great photos as well as some bent up cars.

NASA R.S. has also started a new instagram account to post some of the 19,000+ archived photos they have from events. Give them a follow and some likes: @nasarallysport

WideFNopen

On special stage 5 we missed the note for a double caution jump and ended up catching big air. About a mile after that on a 6 over crest (4th gear roughly 80mph) the rear driver's lateral toe link let loose and I barley saved us from a big mess. We got pulled over safely and ratchet strapped the link to correct and stabilize the toe and limped her into service. In service my crew discovered that that the passenger link was also fractured so they removed, welded, and re-installed both links in 36 minutes. We ended up finishing but the 25 minute special stage roadside repair and limp back to service put us out of a chance to podium. Even though we finished 26th we were one of the fastest cars at Sandblast 2014. Next year we plan to take the overall win.

801Alltrac

Damn that's no fun, would like to see the damage and love the car and crew that keeps this going you guys have skills

maxxhavoc

Good seeing you again, and I am glad to hear that you plan to run next year.

Hopefully there will be two Alltracs there next year...

WideFNopen

maxxhavoc":1z54fwg8 said:
Good seeing you again, and I am glad to hear that you plan to run next year.

Hopefully there will be two Alltracs there next year...
Good to see you too man! If you need anything parts wise to get you there just hit me up. We will be there next year for sure.

rallygarage":1z54fwg8 said:
Maybe I will show up. Will be 3.
That would be epic to have three tracs in the same rally!

Fast forward to 3:15 or so to see us Scandinavian Flick the trac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pqGUqVXFIo

Here is a pic of her waiting in the warm shop to be cleaned after a hard rally:

20140303_143033_zps8mzzf75x.jpg