Turbo question.

Rossk

The ct27 I believe has a 47 trim t04e comp wheel and has some porting on the exhaust side for better flow compared to a ct26 with the 47 trim t04e comp wheel. I had a gt2871 on my mr2 for awhile and my buddy has a ct27 I liked the spool of the 2871. I feel like the ct27 has a slower spool time. Ide use the 2871 because you can make more power on regular 91 or 93 oct. Pump gas. The ct27 is still cool though if you wana keep it all looking factory. If it was a daily driver Ide probably go ct27 or upgraded comp wheel ct26. :D

klue

a ct26 with a 57 trim is just going to be laggy, and not make much power. The 27 works well because they modify the exhaust to flow a lot more than a stock housing.
The 27 is a little laggy for my taste. I would just get a 20b if it was me. Or as Rossk is saying the 2871 is a GREAT turbo

MrMcQuacker

Awesome. Sorry just 1 more. There is no big difference in spool time with a 3071 compared to a 2871 is there? Just a few hundred rpms?

klue

MrMcQuacker":dbfg5m1b said:
Awesome. Sorry just 1 more. There is no big difference in spool time with a 3071 compared to a 2871 is there? Just a few hundred rpms?

On an identical engine the 28 has a good edge on spool up time. It all depends on what your peak power goal is. You will have to sacrifice power peak for spool and vice versa. Look into the GTX series