205 Ecu Conversion

Corey

Im very interested in getting a PFC.

My friend got one for his FD, and its amazing.

Does the MR2 PFC work with a '90 celica? 2nd rev engine

Toxygene

Corey Darling":2si4hw8x said:

What do you like about it? I've heard good things on NewCelica.org as well but no specifics.

Corey

I've yet to see it in action actually. He just installed it a couple hours ago and called me about it.

His idle immediately improved, it displays coolant temp, air temp, controls boost, displays rpm (great for checking compression)

All kinds of cool stuff :)

EDIT: we just went for a drive. It also shows Knock response, ignition timing angle, revlimiters....

Gary ST165

Corey Darling":2b0z6s57 said:

SW20 Revision 3 Power FC can be made to work with any 3sgte. remove AFM and adapt to a MAP sensor system. it requires adaptor harness / repining and some rev3 sensors, or use aftermarket sensors and configure using the FC-datalogit.

or there are the very rare AP engineering / D-Jetro versions of the Power FC for the SW20 revision 1 and revision 2 which is near as damn it plug n play on the respective early and late spec ST185. NB, they were sold with an optional MAP sensor harness kit to eliminate the AFM.

tubasteve

is this post still alive? meaning, is this ecu swap been done on a 185? i have two options, 185 cs computer or cs 205 ecu...? what should i do, i hate flapper doors, just an fyi

tubasteve

i just got two ecu off somepeople, i got the 89661-2b310 ecu(rc ecu) and the st205 ecu, i want to do this swap of no maf, can someone give me some light into this? or is there another site for this?

BriinumsBo

Gary, i have a PowerFC converted from SW20 to ST185 by Brash-Boy. i have just ecu and hand commander. do i need to add map sensor and intake temp sensor or is it compatible with AFM? i have 1990 st185, and the engine wont fire, i thought maybe the PFC is for 92-93, but now i wonder maybe its the MAP sensor im missing :/

ohkay

This goes out to people who may know. I did the conversion 2-3 gen. Used all the sensors everyone says using a berk jumper harness. The car turns on, idles for 30 seconds and then dies. Can't rev it. Any one have any tidbits they can throw my way?

phattyduck

ohkay":2qkvrngk said:
Ok, fuel pump not working. I had to jump it and it ran fine.
Is your fuel pump resistor plugged in and working? The ST205 ECU runs the pump at full speed for a short time after startup then it will power the pump through the resistor at low speeds/idle...

-Charlie

phattyduck

soarer.jzz30":mblksbfb said:
It's all under the hood
LOL... on the ST205, it attaches to the battery tray and looks like this:
8a6d91b6fbecdff6719cd1f04c4272ca.JPG

Not sure on the ST185, but it should look very similar and have a 2-wire connector that goes to it.

-Charlie