spare ecu, from what?

leekycelicy

I have a spare ecu, it might be from an mr2 engine I have but not sure as a donar st165 was torn apart for parts, how do I tell?

fussellbug

If you can read the part number on the ECU (xxxxx-xxxxx), it can be cross referenced in the Toyota EPC. You can also try just doing a google search for the part number and on some Toyota parts websites you will find a list of applications the part number was used for.

leekycelicy

fussellbug":1srre3k7 said:
If you can read the part number on the ECU (xxxxx-xxxxx), it can be cross referenced in the Toyota EPC. You can also try just doing a google search for the part number and on some Toyota parts websites you will find a list of applications the part number was used for.

the one in my st165 says,
89661 20370
175000-0901 12v
10p 18p 24p

the other ecu is slightly smaller and says
89661-20270
175000-0611 12v
10p 18p 24p

the second smaller ecu might be from an mr2 engine as I have an mr2 engine but I cant say if it was from that for sure.

leekycelicy

sinerasis":2ummscp3 said:
Almighty Google says your first ecu is euro st165, second one is Japanese st165.

after a bit og gooleydoodling I got some info that said kinda the same, jdm and the other I could not find but similar number was from the usa.

thanks though, euro clears things up.

anyway I have swapped them over and the idle hunting has stopped, it now runs fine, a little high on the idle but much better, and the boost fuel cut is a little better now, but still not hitting boost.